Fernley is a city in Nevada located along Interstate 80 about 30 miles east of Reno. Fernley was best known in the United States as "that place most Amazon.com stuff ships from" due to the large depot the town had before Amazon moved their operations to Reno itself.
From Reno: Take the I-80 east.
1 Tiger Field Airport is the nearest airport, though it doesn't seem to have commercial flights through to it.
- 1 Fernley 95A Speedway (Reno-Fernley Raceway), 1965 S Hwy 95a, ☏ .
- 2 Frontier Fun Center, 480 W Main St, ☏ .
- Defensive Firearms Training, 1965 Highway 95A, ☏ .
- 3 Lahontan State Recreation Area, ☏ . $7/vehicle, boat launch $14, camping $15.
If you win...
Chances are that, if you win it big in Fernley and you are not a U.S. citizen your winnings will be subject to a 30% withholding tax from the IRS. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it...it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
Fernley has a few opportunities to gamble.
- 4 The Silverado Casino, 1380 W Newlands Dr, ☏ . 24 hour.
- 5 Terrible's Travel Center and Casino, 480 Truck Inn Way, ☏ . 24 hour.
Reno- 80 West, home to casinos and is the "Biggest Little City In The World." About 35 minutes away.
Carson City- Alt 50 West to 50 West. About 1 hour away.
Fallon- Alt 50 East to 50 East. About 30 minutes away.
|Routes through Fernley|
|Reno ← Sparks ←||W E||→ Lovelock → Salt Lake City|
|Ends at ← Silver Springs ←||W E||→ Fallon → Ends at|
|Winnemucca via ←||N S||→ Silver Springs → Hawthorne|