Framlingham is a small town in Suffolk.
A small market town dating back to the Doomsday Book, today it has a population of around 3,000.
Whilst there are road connections from many directions, these are more minor roads (B-roads). The B1120 running NE connects to the A1120 3 miles from the town (the A1120 running to the main A12 to the E and to the A140 to the W). Other B roads connect Framlingham to neighbouring towns. Although only B roads, they are not busy so can be used easily (just not at 70 mph).
The town rail station was closed to passenger traffic in 1950s. The nearest rail stations are
- 1 Wickham Market Train Station, Station Rd, Campsea Ashe, IP13 0PT.
- 2 Saxmundham Train Station, Station Approach, Saxmundham IP17 1BW.
Regional cycle Route 40 (HoSR) runs through the town.
Both cycle routes running through the town connect to other cycle routes and are part of the National Cycle Network.
The town it small enough to see on foot. However, much of interest is in the surrounding countryside or nearby villages and would probably need a car.
- 1 Framlingham Castle, Church St, Framlingham IP13 9BP, ☏ . 1 Apr-30 Sep: daily 10AM-6PM (more limited through remainder of year). adults £8.90, children £5.30, concessions £8.00.
- 2 Saxtead Green Post Mill, The Mill House, Saxtead Green, IP13 9QQ (2 miles north-west of Framlingham). adults £3.60, children £2.20, concessions £3.20.
- 3 The Lanman Museum, Framlingham Castle, Church St,, Framlingham IP13 9BP, ☏ (mobile), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed until Summer 2017.
- 4 St Michael's Church, Chrch St, Framlingham.
- 1 Shawsgate Vineyard (Vineyard Tours & Wine Tasting), Badingham Rd, Framlingham IP13 9HZ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Book in advance. Experience day (4 hr) for 2 including lunch £86; tour & tasting for 2 £33.
- 2 Saxtead Bottom Riding Stables, Saxtead Bottoms, Framlingham IP13 9QS (2½ miles NW of Framlingham), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 1-hr private lesson £40; 1-hr group lesson £35/person.
- 3 Easton Farm Park (Children's Activity Farm), Easton, Woodbridge IP13 0EQ (4 miles S of Framlingham), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Caravan site, cottages or day visits. £9/person or child.
- 1 Co-op (Supermarket), Market Hill, Framlingham IP13 9AN, ☏ . M-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 10AM-4PM.
- 2 221B (Artisan Bakery), 1 Bridge St, Framlingham IP13 9DR, ☏ . M-Th 6:30AM-5PM, Th F 6:30AM-7PM, Sa 7:30AM-7PM, Su 8:30AM-4PM.
- 1 The Station Hotel, Station Rd, Framlingham IP13 9EE, ☏ . Food: M-Sa noon-2PM & 6-9PM, Su noon-2:30PM & 7-9PM. See the castle, then eat like a king in this relaxed eating establishment.
- 2 The Castle Inn (Restaurant), Castle St, Framlingham IP13 9BP, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 The Lemon Tree Bistro, 3 Church St, Framlingham IP13 9BE, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 10AM-3PM, Sa 9AM-3PM, Su 10AM-3PM.
- 1 The Railway Inn (Pub & Food), 9 Station Rd, Framlingham IP13 9EA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes has live music
- 2 The Dancing Goat Cafe, 33 Market Hill, Framlingham IP13 9BA, ☏ .
- 1 The Crown, Market Hill Framlingham IP13 9AP, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 The Anmexe (B&B), Wisteria House, 23 Bridge St, Framlingham IP13 9AJ, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Free Wi-Fi. Parking
- 3 New Street B&B, Foxearth, New St, Framlingham IP13 9RF, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Post Office, Riverside, Framlingham IP13 9AG. M-Sa 9AM-5:30PM.