Gosnold is a town in Massachusetts off of Cape Cod encompassing the nine Elizabeth Islands, including Cuttyhunk Island, Naushon Island, Pasque Island, Nashawena Island and some adjacent smaller islands that stretch out from Woods Hole village of Falmouth. Gosnold has the smallest population of any Massachusetts town. Gosnold separates Vineyard Sound from Buzzards Bay. The southernmost island of Cuttyhunk has most of the island chain's population and is the only island that is not entirely private. Less than one hundred people live there year round.
Many boaters enjoy visiting the cozy harbor on day trips. Gosnold's entertainment is all provided by nature. Deer roam the island almost as if tame, but there are no movie theatres, nightclubs or tennis courts. Watch the sea. Enjoy quiet tranquility.
- Arabella, Menemsha Harbor, Martha's Vineyard, Phone: +1 508-645-3511.
- Alert II, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 3, New Bedford, Phone: +1 508-992-1432.
(Only a 10-minute ride from New Bedford)
- Bayside Air, New Bedford Regional Airport, New Bedford, Phone: +1 508-636-3762.
- Island Shuttle, +1 508-997-4095. Four passenger seaplane.
Follow the many deer paths. Cuttyhunk has a famous harbor for its many sailboats. Golf carts are the main mode of transportation.
Cuttyhunk is a fascinating island. This is not the place to go to enjoy night life. Take long relaxing walks to the beach, to the old ship wreck, or the historic war fort (used to fight the British). It is the charm of the houses, the Inn, and the quaint little stores, that keep bringing people back.
Go on a fishing charter from Fisherman's Point. Kayak, sail, or swim. Walk to the historic fort.
- The Corner Store, ☎ .
- Allen House, ☎ .
Allen House, Phone: +1 508-996-9292.
- Allen House, ☎ . 12 rooms with shared baths, also one cottage and one upper story suite with a great view. This is the only lodging on the island.
- Pete's Place Rentals, ☎ . Several houses and apartments available. Lexi Lynch, manager
- Low Taylor Cuttyhunk Rentals. Phone: +1 508-991-7337 or +1 617-734-7720. 3 units.
Cuttyhunk, Pasque, Nashawena, & Penikese Islands - 13A Broadway, Cuttyhunk, MA 02713 - +1 508-994-7392
The other islands in Gosnold use the Woods Hole post office - 16 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543 - +1 508-548-0604
Landline telephone service is available. You may be dependent on the landlines because of weak (if any) cellular phone reception. There are also some payphones on Cuttyhunk. If you have enough in your budget, using a satellite phone could also work.