Falmouth is in Massachusetts on Cape Cod's southwest corner. It includes the villages of Woods Hole, West Falmouth, North Falmouth, Hatchville, Silver Beach, East Falmouth, Teaticket, and Waquoit. It is the Cape's second most populous town.
Falmouth is best accessed via Route 25 to the Bourne Bridge. At the traffic circle on the Cape Cod side of the bridge take Route 28 south. Traffic will be heavy at peak travel times during the summer. Falmouth is about a 70 mi (112 km)drive from Boston and will take at least 1.25 hours.
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Av., Hyannis, +1 508-771-6191, . Service between most Cape towns.
- Peter Pan Bus Lines, Toll free: +1-800-343-9999 or +1-888-751-8800, . Service between Bourne, Falmouth, Barnstable and Hyannis.
- Visitor Information Center, 20 Academy Ln.
- WHOOSH Trolley. Local seasonal service around Falmouth.
- Free Outdoor Concerts, Harbor Bandshell, Marina Park, Scranton Av. Thursdays in July and August 8PM.
- Falmouth Historical Society, 55 Palmer Av, ☎ .
- The Cape Cod Theatre Project, 7 Highfield Drive (Falmouth Academy), ☎ . (General Information), (Box Office)
- Falmouth Theatre Guild, Highfield Dr., +1 508-548-0400 (General Information), Phone: +1 508-548-0400 (Box Office).
- Cape Cod Winery, 681 Sandwich Rd, East Falmouth, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
Open for wine tasting on weekends, Jul 1-Aug 30 Th-Su 12PM-4PM. Sep-Dec Sa,Su 12PM-4PM. Winery tours are Sa (July and August) at 2PM. Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Seyval and Vidal. Produces 2500 cases of wine annually.
- Falmouth Commodores.
In Cape Cod Baseball League action. Gus Fuller Field. Eleven players drafted by Major League Baseball teams in 2005.
- Spohr Gardens, 45 Fells Rd (off Oyster Pond Rd.).
- Woods Hole Science Aquarium, see Woods Hole village listing.
- Osborn & Rugh Gallery, Queen's Buyway, 114 Palmer Ave., Falmouth, MA 02540 (Corner of Queen's Buyway near the Village Green), ☎ . see web site.
Watch the husband and wife artists at work at their easels on landscapes, still lifes and portraits in this studio that doubles as a gallery.
- Gold Coast Parasail, ☎ .
Fly single or double up to 800 feet. Dry takeoffs. Also jet ski, banana boat, more.
- Shining Sea Bikeway, Starts 4/10 mi (.64 km)west of Route 28 on Locust Road. Runs for 3 mi (4.8 km), but an extension is planned to the north.
- Corner Cycle, ☎ .
Top quality bike rentals 2/10 mile (.32 km) away from the path, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Open Mic Nights, Every Monday during the summer in Woods Hole. Free live local bands in front of Pie in the Sky bakery. Come play or listen and have a good time.
- Blue Fin Charters, 15 Madeline Rd, East Falmouth, ☎ .
$495 six hour & $395 four hour trip for Bass & Blues.
- Cape Cod Sportfishing Charter Service, 6 Maker Ln, W. Falmouth, ☎ .
Fish for: striped bass, bluefish, shark, yellowfin, bluefin tuna, tuna, marlin (seasonal). Leaving from Falmouth and Martha's Vineyard. Full-day/half-day. Inshore/offshore.
- Cape Fly Fishing Specialist, East Falmouth, +1 508-540-9997.
- Eastwind Sportfishing Charters, Falmouth Town Marina, Slip #47, ☎ .
- Lee-Marie Sportfishing, 187 Kompass Dr, E. Falmouth, ☎ .
- Patriot Party Boats, 227 Clinton Av, ☎ .
For over 30 years. Deep Sea Fishing twice daily.
- Sea Dog Sport Fishing (Falmouth Harbor), ☎ .
- Susan Jean, ☎ .
- Hairball Charters (Falmouth Harbor), ☎ .
Premium Fishing Charters using Custom Lures for Trophy Fish.
- Ballymeade Country Club, 125 Falmouth Woods Rd, North Falmouth (off Rte.151), ☎ .
18 holes, par 72, pro shop, driving range, lessons, clubhouse.
- Cape Cod Country Club, 48 Theater Dr, North Falmouth, ☎ .
18 hole, par 71, lessons, restaurant.
- Falmouth Country Club, 630 Carriage Shop Rd, East Falmouth, ☎ .
18 hole, par 72, clubhouse.
- Paul Harney Golf Club, 74 Club Valley Dr, E. Falmouth, ☎ .
18 hole, par 59.
- Quashnet Valley Country Club, 309 Old Barnstable Rd, ☎ .
18 hole, par 72, pro shop, lessons, driving range, restaurant
Lifeguards at all public beaches in season 9AM-5PM. Windsurfing allowed before or after these hours.
- Falmouth Heights Beach, Parking (fee).
- Old Silver Beach, Off Route 28A and Quaker Road, N. Falmouth, +1 508-548-7611, Parking, (fee), bathhouse, food. Arrive early.
- New Silver Beach, N. Falmouth
- Menauhant Beach, E. Falmouth, Parking (fee), food.
- Surf Drive Beach, Parking (fee), food.
- Chapoquoit Beach, W. Falmouth, Parking (fee).
- Woodneck Beach, W. Falmouth/Quisset.
See Woods Hole village article for other choices.
- Coonamessett Inn, 311 Gifford St, ☎ .
Year round. Tavern restaurant or fancy. Comprehensive Sunday brunch is excellent.
- Jillians Restaurant, 7 Nathan Ellis Hwy, North Falmouth, ☎ .
- The Flying Bridge, 220 Scranton Av (off Main Street), ☎ .
Mid Apr-Mid Oct. Fresh seafood, pastas and steaks, overlooking Falmouth Harbor. If the wait is long, be sure to take a stroll along the boardwalk and look at the boats docked at the marina.
- Firefly Woodfire Bar and Grille, 271 Main Street, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 11:30AM-10PM.
- The Golden Swan, 323 Main St, ☎ .
- Oysters Too, 876 Main St (Route 28), East Falmouth, ☎ .
- Paul's Pizza & Seafood, 14 Benham Rd, ☎ .
- Sea Crest Resort & Conference Center, 350 Quaker Rd, North Falmouth, ☎ .
- Quarterdeck Restaurant, 164 Main St, ☎ .
Year round. Lunch 11:30AM-4:30PM, Dinner 5PM-10PM. Use of salvaged wood and ship parts creates a "below decks" atmosphere. $15-$25.
- Molly's Tea Room, 227 Main Street. Su-Th 11:30AM-7PM, F-Sa. 11:30AM-9PM.
Nice quiet atmosphere, great, fresh sandwiches and pastries and fine teas.
- Betsy's Diner, 457 Main St, ☎ .
- Clam Shack, 227 Clinton Ave.
Fried seafood, right on Falmouth Harbor
- Pies a la Mode, 352 Main Street (at Shore Street), ☎ .
Fabulous pastries made here and, if you have cooking facilities, try the frozen chicken pies.
- Mary Ellen's Portuguese Bakery, 829 Main St, ☎ .
- Peach Tree Circle Bakery, 881 Palmer Av, ☎ .
- Pie In The Sky Bakery, 10 Water St, Woods Hole.
- Grumpy's Pub, 29 Locust Street, ☎ .
Great live music Th-Su Not a touristy place at all. Nice local crowd.
- Coffee Obsession, 110 Palmer Av, ☎ .
Internet and coffee connection.
- Liam Maguire's Irish Pub, 273 Main St, ☎ .
- McGann's Pub and Restaurant, 734 Route 28, East Falmouth, ☎ .
Another Irish entry with live music weekends.
- Holiday Inn Falmouth, 291 Jones Road, ☎ .
Full-service Holiday Inn. Indoor heated pool, fitness room, guest laundry facilities, private meeting and function rooms. Kansas City Steakhouse Restaurant on property.
- ShoreWay Acres Resort Inn, Shore St, ☎ . (reservations), (information)
- Inn on the Square, 40 N Main St, ☎ .
The hotel features colonial architecture with luxury rooms close to Falmouth Village Green, downtown, the beaches and the shuttle to Martha's Vineyard. Large indoor pool, private courtyard and patio, and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast.
- Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging, 134 Acapesket Rd, E. Falmouth, ☎ , toll-free: .
Apr-Oct. Waterfront resort featuring heated pools, boat ramp, and many outdoor activities.
- The Admiralty Inn, 51 Teaticket Hwy, E. Falmouth, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Sea Crest Resort & Conference Center, 350 Quaker Rd, North Falmouth, ☎ .
Large oceanfront resort with fine dining.
- Falmouth Inn, 824 Main St, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Inn at One Main, One Main Street, +1 508-540-7469 or Phone: +1-888-281-6246. 6 room B&B. $145-$225.
- Palmer House Inn, 81 Palmer Ave, ☎ .
12 room B&B. $90-$269.
- J.R. Brody's Roadside Tavern, 734 Teaticket Highway, East Falmouth, MA.
Took the place of McGanns Restaurant on February 17, 2009
- Sippewissett Cabins & Campgrounds, 836 Palmer Avenue, ☎ .
- Cape Cod Campresort, 176 Thomas Landers Rd, East Falmouth, ☎ .
|Routes through Falmouth|
|Wareham ← Bourne ←||W E||→ Mashpee → Eastham|