Mashpee is in Massachusetts on Cape Cod. It includes the village of New Seabury. Purchased in 1660 to be a reservation for the Wampanoag tribe and later revoked and incorporated as a town. Until the 1960s, Wampanoags made up the majority of the population.
- From Boston take Route 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge and continue on Route 6 to Route 130 which leads to Mashpee.
- From Providence take Interstate Route 195 to 495 and cross the Bourne Bridge. Proceed on Route 28 to Route 151.
- Cape Cod Children's Museum, 577 Great Neck Rd. South, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. SUMMER: M-Sa 10AM-5PM Su 12PM-5PM Labor Day to Memorial Day: Tu-Th 10AM-3PM; F,Sa 10AM-5PM; Su 12PM-5PM. Pirate ship, indoor planetarium, puppet theatre, hands-on exhibits and special programs. $6, $5 for -4 or 60+.
- 1 Wampanoag Indian Museum, 414 Main Street, ☏ . The world's only museum devoted exclusively to Wampanoag history. $5 adults, $4 seniors, $2 children (6-18).
- 2 Lowell Holly Reservation (Off South Sandwich Rd), ☏ . This 135 acre preserve has large stands of holly and Mashpee-Wakeby pond is one of the best freshwater fishing sites on the Cape.
- 3 South Cape Beach State Park, 668 Great Oak Rd, ☏ . Restrooms. Excellent beach.
- 4 Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (Rte. 28, Entrance in E. Falmouth), ☏ , fax: , ✉ Waquoit.Bay@state.ma.us. Wonderful 2200 acre reserve perfect for hiking. Also runs public events such as Evenings on the Bluff and the Watershed Block Party.
- Wakeby Pond, Ryder Conservation Area, John Ewer Rd (South Sandwich). Lifeguards, food, and rest rooms. The Cape's largest freshwater body of water. Parking $10.
- Quashnet Valley Country Club, 309 Old Barnstable Rd, ☏ . 18 hole public golf course. Par 72, driving range, pro shop, lessons, restaurant.
- Mashpee Commons, 22 Steeple Street (Off the Mashpee rotary at Routes 28 and 151), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Over 90 shops, from small boutiques and jewelry stores (M. Brann, Elfstone) to large chain stores (Gap, Williams Sonoma) and local merchants (Soft as a Grape, Ghelfi Candies). The village square hosts festivals and other events. Restaurants include the centrally located Bobby Byrne's Pub and Jade Chinese Restaurant.
- Uncommon Cafe, Russell's Corner, 132 Rt 6A #5 (Sandwich), ☏ . 8AM-4PM daily.
- Cooke's Seafood, 7 Ryans Way, ☏ .
- Dino's Sports Bar, 401 Nathan Ellis Hwy (Rt. 151), ☏ .
- Raw Bar, 259 Shore Drive, ☏ . Cheap and tasty lobster rolls.
- Soprano's, 681 Falmouth Road, ☏ .
- Bleu, 10 Market St, ☏ . French influence. Well deserved excellent reputation. $15-$30.
- Zachary's Pub, 100 Great Neck Rd. North, ☏ . Tu-Su 5PM-1AM. Strip club with adult entertainment.
Compared to other Cape Cod towns, Mashpee does not have a lot of lodging.
- Johns Pond Campground/Otis Trailer Village, ☏ . 90 sites.
- Cape Cod Holiday Estates, 23 Four Seasons Dr, ☏ . $180-400.
- Sea Mist Resort, 141 Great Neck Road South, ☏ . Family resort. Timeshares. Open year round. One and two bedroom suites.
- The Santuit Inn, 6 Falmouth Road, ☏ . Immerse yourself in the quaint décor and stylish Cape Cod ambience ever-present in our beautifully appointed accommodations. Enjoy casual comfort and convenience amidst gracious amenities and thoughtful service – just steps away from the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
|Routes through Mashpee|
|Wareham ← Falmouth ←||W E||→ Cotuit → Eastham|