North America > United States of America > Texas > Prairies and Lakes > Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex > Grapevine (Texas)
Just north of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport - therefore easy access by air. Most larger hotels have their own shuttles to/from the airport.
Right now, the only rail to Grapevine is the "Grapevine Vintage Railroad" that runs between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards. More of a tourist attraction than anything else, too slow to use as transit.
Also, DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) has plans for a new light rail line (orange) through Irving and ending at DFW airport. Although it won't travel into Grapevine, it will probably have a park and ride just outside the city limits on the north side of the airport.
The Gaylord Texan has two nifty shuttles. One loop runs from Gaylord to the Grapevine Mills shopping areas, the other loop runs from Gaylord to the historic part of Main St.
- Botanical Gardens, 411 Ball St. dawn-dusk. Local botanical garden. free.
- Cowboys Golf Club. Owned and operated by the Dallas Cowboys, this is a very high-end course that offers all the amenities and a spectacular golf course. Fees range from $75 to $160.
- Grapevine Wine Tours. Daily lunch and dinner tours of Grapevine's outstanding wineries. Transportation, tastings at 3 of the 7 wineries, and lunch or dinner included.
- Grapevine Wineries. Grapevine is home to many wineries (even a couple of vineyards).
- Historic Main Street. A nice stroll full of shops, a theater, art galleries and a steam train that runs to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Lake Grapevine. Fishing, swimming and water skiing. Fish the points (such as in Oak Grove Park, look for birds) for sand bass. If the birds are working, the fun is on! Cast your slab and reel 'em in.
- Catch some live jazz at Kirby's Steakhouse, 3305 E. Hwy 114, Southlake. Ok, so it's technically in Southlake (but just barely). Surprisingly good jazz acts in a small setting, very enjoyable. Regularly included in the KNTU recommended live jazz schedule. Oh, and by the way the food is awesome (expensive, but well worth it).
- Play/Pause/Replay, 420 S. Barton St. (one street over from Main (west) behind Wilhoites and Big Fish). DIY Venue/Art Space/Music Consignment Store/Rehearsal Space. Regular Open Mic on Wednesdays, band performances on Thursdays. BYOB.
- SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine, TX 76051, United States, ☏ . Are you a Shark lover, Seahorse fanatic or a Clownfish groupie? Perhaps it's the graceful Jellyfish or our newest family member- the Green Sea Turtle that you love the most. Maybe you simply can't decide! Here at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium you can make up your mind and see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. And you'll be able to get closer to them than ever before.
- Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy. Large indoor outlet mall with close to 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Other major Dallas-area outlet malls are located in Allen, to the north, and Hillsboro, to the south.
- Biscuit's Cafe, 322 S. Park Blvd. Great breakfasts. A better alternative to IHOP.
See the entry for wineries above.
- Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North at Outdoor World, 2401 Bass Pro Dr, ☏ .
- AmeriSuites Dallas/DFW Airport North, 2220 West Grapevine Mills Circle, ☏ .
- Garden Manor Bed and Breakfast, 205 East College St, ☏ .
Either Dallas or Fort Worth. Camping in a number of State Parks within a two-hour drive.