Gundlupet is a border town between Kerala and Karnataka states of India. This little town is popular for the cultivation of flowers. A large number of tourists come from Kerala to take selfies of themselves with the flower farms in the backgrounds. Farmers charge ₹50 for taking one selfie.
Autorikshaws are the cheapest mode of local transportation.
- 1 Bandipur National Park (16 km). Elephants, Tigers and Bisons. Park tours are available.
- 2 Gopalaswamy Hills (Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta), Near Hangala junction (18 km). Temple on top of the hills. Terrific views of the flower farms down the valley.
- Huluganamuradi Venkataramana Hills (26 km).
- Kodasoge shiva temple (14 km).
- Manchalli cave temple (12 km).
- Mariamma Temple, Hangala junction (12 km). A small complex of three temples with cute-shaped little village houses around them.
- Narasamangala shiva temple, Terkanambi. (12 km).
- Padaguru Lingayath Math (11 km).
- Parvathi Hills (10 km). Buses are available only in the morning. Autorikshaws charges Rs.300 on a wait-and-return contract.
- Terkanambi and Triyambakpura temples (12 km).
The flower farms of Kerala Road are popular for taking selfies. You can get a better view of them when you travel up the Gopalaswamy Hills.
There are many shops where good quality clothes and gifts can be purchased.
- Hotel Coffee Stoppe, Mysore Road (1 km). Fish and rice in the Mangalore style.
There are many small lodges in Gundlupet charging ₹400 for a night. Good accommodation is available only at Mysore.
- Sri Guruprasad Hotel, Surabhi Bus stop (1 km), ☏ , . ₹750.
- Surabhi Paradise, Surabhi Busstop, ☏ , . Bakery and restaurant attached. ₹600.
- Ashirwad Lodge, Near Calicut Road Junction (1 km), ☏ , . Good privacy. All rooms look like cottages with private sit outs and all. Rs.600.
India Post has a post office at Gundlupet and offers courier services. It also offers Postcard,Inland letters,Postal Envelope for writing letters to near and dear one's. B.S.N.L mobile signal coverage is available.