The nearest commercial passenger air service to Hamilton is at either Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG IATA) or Dayton International Airport (DAY IATA), both located approximately 50 miles away.
- 1 Butler County Regional Airport (HAO IATA, Hogan Field), 2820 Airport Rd E, ☏ . Located in Hamilton, provides General aviation services for small private aircraft. Charter flights are available here. Offers free Wi-Fi at the terminal.
There are no scheduled passenger rail service to Hamilton or Butler County, although Amtrak runs its Cardinal train through the county three times per week. The nearest Amtrak station is Union Terminal in Cincinnati.
US 127 runs north-south through Hamilton, connecting the city with Eaton and Greenville to the north and Fairfield and Cincinnati to the south. Ohio 129 crosses Hamilton west to east, with the portion east of the city constructed as a limited-access highway, providing a direct connection to Interstate 75 near West Chester.
Other state highways in Hamilton include Ohio 4 to Fairfield and Middletown, Ohio 128 southwest to Ross and Cleves, and Ohio 177 northwest to Richmond, Indiana.
- 1 Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, 1763 Hamilton Cleves Rd, ☏ . A 300-acre sculpture park. Has an ancient sculpture museum on site.
- 2 Fernald Preserve, 7400 Willey Rd, ☏ . 7AM-dusk. A reclaimed site on top of a former nuclear material processing plant. The visitors center has information on area history. Free.
- 3 Miami University Hamilton, 1601 University Blvd, ☏ .
- 4 Butler County Courthouse. A historic courthouse, built in 1885 in the Second Empire architectural style. The large octagonal stone clocktower on the roof makes this building easy to identify.
- The Conservatory at Miami Hamilton, 1601 University Blvd, MURConservatory@MiamiOH.edu.
- 5 Hollow Earth Monument (Monument to John Symmes Jr.), 401 S Third St (Symmes Park), ☏ . A monument to area local John Symmes Jr. who proposed an updated Hollow Earth model in 1818. The monument features a stone carving of his model, which features large holes to the inner Earth at the poles. Free.
- Wings on Brookwood, 147 N Brookwood Ave, ☏ . M 5PM-10PM, Tu F Sa 11AM-11PM, W Th 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Serves chicken and pub fare with a number of sauces of varying spiciness.
- Flubs, 981 Eaton Ave, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-9:30PM, Su noon-9PM. Closed during the winter. Serves soft serve ice cream and frozen treats.
- Hyde's, 130 S Erie Blvd, ☏ . M-Sa 6:30AM-9PM, Su 7:30AM-9PM. A family restaurant that serves home style meals. Specializes in pies for dessert.
- True West Coffee, 313 Main St, ☏ . M-Th 6:30AM-8PM, F 6:30AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-8PM, Su 9AM-5PM.
- Jocko’s World Famous Chicken & Seafood (Jocko’s), 725 High St (east along High Street), ☏ . M-Th 10:45AM-9:30PM, F Sa 10:45AM-10PM, Su 10:45AM-9PM.
- Taqueria Paisano's (east along High Street).
- Courtyard Hamilton (Marriott), 1 Riverfront Plaza, ☏ . ~$120.
- 2 St. Stephen Church and Rectory. A historic catholic church with stained glass windows from Munich, Germany.
- 3 Beth Israel Synagogue.
|Routes through Hamilton|
|Van Wert ← Greenville ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Fairfield → Cincinnati|