- Van Wert Convention & Visitors Bureau, 136 E Main St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- U.S. Route 30. Van Wert can be accessed by US 30 which provides connection to Upper Sandusky, Bucyrus, Ontario, Mansfield, Wooster and Canton to the east and Fort Wayne, Indiana to the west.
- 1 Van Wert County Courthouse. A historic courthouse. The first building to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 2 Round Barn (Clayton Hoover Round Barn).
- Ven Wert County Historical Society.
- 3 Wassenberg Arts Center, 214 S Washington St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Van Wert Bandstand. A small venue for music.
- 2 Van Wert County Fair.
- 3 Van Wert Civic Theater (VWCT).
- Vantage Career Center, 818 N. Franklin St, ☏ , toll-free: . Vantage Career Center is proud to provide diverse opportunities for high school and adult education for the members of Van Wert County and the surrounding area.
Besides the Walmart and the Van Wert Towne Center on Van Wert's northside, the people of Van Wert, Ohio must travel anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 hour northwest on U.S. Route 30 to the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana to get to the closet major shopping mall and biggest retail shopping area.
- 1 Van Wert Town Center. Shopping center. Despite the name, it's on the north end of town.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Comfort Inn Van Wert, 840 N. Washington St, ☏ , fax: . 57 rooms, centrally located.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Van Wert, 860 N. Washington St, ☏ .
- 1 United States Post Office, Main Office, 314 E. Main St, ☏ , fax: . Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM; Saturday 9AM to 12PM (noon). Package and shipping price varies.
- 2 Brumback Library, Main Branch, 215 W. Main St, ☏ . Hours are Monday through Thursday 9:30AM to 7:30PM; Friday 9:30AM to 5PM; Saturday 9:30AM to 3:30PM. The main library offers free Internet access, although you may have to obtain a library card first. A historic library stylized like a Gothic castle, and the first free public library in the USA to serve an entire county.
- Times Bulletin. The only daily newspaper published in the Van Wert area.
- Fort Wayne is about 40 minutes northwest on U.S. Route 30.
- Mansfield is about 1 hour and 54 minutes east on U.S. Route 30.
- Canton is about 3 hours east on U.S. Route 30.
|Routes through Van Wert|
|Fort Wayne ← Convoy ←||W E||→ Delphos → Lima via|
|Lansing ← Jackson ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Hamilton → Cincinnati|
|Ends at ← Huntington ←||W E||→ Findlay → Akron|