Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 [formerly dead link] Fyrkat Vikingcentre (Vikingecenter Fyrkat), Fyrkatvej 37B, ☏ . 10-16 (Jun-Aug 10-17). Fyrkat is thought to be the oldest of the Viking ring fortresses, dating from around year AD. While the wooden structures are long gone, the 120 meter diameter earth ramparts are still very much visible. A short walk away, the museum has reconstructed a viking village with 9 reconstructed farmhouses. 60 DKK.
- 2 The Gas Museum (Gasmuseet), Gasværksvej 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Gas Museum is a living museum, where history comes to life. Experience how gas has been a part of our everyday lives in the past and how gas, can be used to help to cover the need for clean energy in the future. 0-90 DKK.
- 3 The Art Storeys (Kunstetagerne), Adelgade 26 (Entrance through the library.), ☏ . M-F 9AM-6PM (M only Apr-Sep), Sa 9:30AM-1:30PM. A three storey art exhibition. Exhibits art from Danish artists. The building was originally a brewery built in 1841. Free.
- World Map at Klejtrup Lake (Verdenskortet ved Klejtrup Sø), Søren Poulsens Vej 5, Klejtrup (By car: 13 km southwest of town. By bus: 20 minutes by bus (line 65), then walk 8 minutes east.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 16 Apr-2 Oct 10AM-5PM, week 27-31 10AM-6PM. 5,000 sqm world map created 1944-1969 complete with lakes, rivers, mountains and flags. Offers puzzles, playground, pony riding, mini golf and horse carriage. Also has shop, cafeteria and picnic area. 65 Kr, children 2-12 years 45 Kr.
- 4 The Yachting Museum (Lystfartøjsmuseet), Søndre Kajgade 14, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. An interesting exhibition of yachts, boats and dinghies. Learn about the long danish maritime history.
- 5 Maritime Culture Center and Hobro Shipyard (Det Maritime Kulturcenter og Hobro Værft), Skibsgade 37, ☏ . The Maritime Culture center is a brand new attraction linking to the 170 year old shipyard for wooden ships in Hobro. Experience the magnificent craftsmanship of wooden ships, and get an insight to the cultural and historic significance of the fjord. Follow the restoration of ships up close, and enjoy the amazing view over Hobro, the harbour and the fjord from the rooftop terrace.
- Svanen Boat Trips (The "paddle steamer" Svanen). Svanen is a tourboat, from where You can experience Mariager Fjord - which is known as the most beautiful fjord in Denmark. You can also use the boat as a passenger ferry between Hobro, Bramslev Bakker and Mariager.
- The Triangle Route (Trekantsruten). Combine the tour boat Svanen with the Mariager-Handest Vintage Railway and a short busride. From Hobro You can start the route at the Harbourfront, where You take the tour boat to Mariager. In Mariager you can take the train to Handest and then, take the bus back to Hobro Harbour. Tickets for the entire route can be purchased online at www.svanen.dk.
- 1 Hobro Golf Club (Hobro Golfklub), Torndalsvej 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. This golf course offers lovely views of Mariager Fjord. The course is relatively new, but has already become one of the 13 best in Denmark.
- 1 Bies Brewery (Bies Bryghus), Adelgade 26 (Go through the gate on Adelgade, to acces the Bies Bryghus courtyard.), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The original Bies Brewery from 1841 was closed in 1980. The brewery was however restablished as a modern micro brewery in 2006, in the same protected buildings as the original Bies Brewery. The brewery produces unfiltered and unpasturized beer from the original recipes. The beer can be bought at the Bies Brewery Restaurant, in the webshop and in several other local shops and restaurants.
- 1 Restaurant Uafhængig (Restaurant Independent), Amerikavej 48 (inside Hotel Amerika), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Offers fine dining with seasonal dishes, inspired by the forest around the hotel and the Mariagerfjord area.
- 2 Bies Restaurant (Bies Brewery Restaurant), Adelgade 26, ☏ . Serves delicious dishes in idyllic atmosphere of the old brewery buildings. The restaurant of course serves draught beer from Bies Brewery.
- 3 Café K, Søndre Kajgade 8 (by the harbour), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A nice café and restaurant, with both lunch and dinner menus, and various events throughout the year.
- 1 Buddy Holly, Adelgade 28 (in the centre of Hobro), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Disco/club.
- 2 Torvebaren ("The Town Square Pub"), Østergade 4, 9500 Hobro (on the town's central square), ☏ . A small pub.
- 1 Hotel Amerika, Amerikavej 48, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. A cosy and romantic hotel in the forest.
- 2 Hobro City Camping Gattenborg, Gattenborg 2 (a 10-minute walk from centre), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The all-year campsite has a panoramic view of the Vesterfjord lake and Mariager Fjord in the horizon. The campsites offer cottage rentals and plots/facilities for caravans, tents and motorhomes/RV's.
- 3 Danhostel Hobro (Hobro Vandrehjem), Amerikavej 24 (close to the Østerskoven forest), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible to walk or cycle from this hostel to the town centre, by using the many paths through the forest.
- Mariager (15 km east of town, half an hour by bus 234). Small town of 2,000 inhabitants at the Mariager Fjord, dating back to the 15th century, which has preserved a number of old half-timbered houses and cobbled streets.
|Routes through Hobro|
|Frederikshavn ← Aalborg ←||N S||→ Randers → Aarhus|