Jump to navigation Jump to search
Uptown is in Houston, though nobody in Houston has used that term since about 1970 - it's generally referred to as "The Galleria", or to motorists at I-610 and U.S. 59 as the highway to avoid.
- 1 Williams Tower, 2800 Post Oak. The 3rd-largest skyscraper in Houston, and largest in the world outside of a downtown or central business district. A short walk from the Galleria, also check out the ever-romantic Water Wall. You used to be able to visit an observation deck on a high floor, but no longer.
- St. Arnolds Brewery, 2000 Lyons Ave.. Weekdays: 3PM, Saturday: 11AM. Houstonians looking for a fun Saturday afternoon head to Saint Arnolds at 11AM when they do their weekly brewery tour and open up the taps for the thirsty locals. Great local vibe! Weekday tours are offered at 3PM. $7.00 per person (includes tasting glass).
- 1 The Galleria, Westheimer at Post Oak. Huge shopping mall filled with high end retail stores and restaurants, several hotels and even includes an indoor year-round ice skating rink used by Tara Lipinski. Free parking (if you find the right lots).
- 2 Marq*E. Outdoor shopping mall with many attractions including a giant movie theater.
- America's Restaurant, 1800 Post Oak Blvd. The menu draws from the foods and cooking techniques of North, Central and South America, to make one New World Cuisine; as you pass under its Mayan-inspired door, you quickly realize that nothing about this place is ordinary.
- Cafe Annie, 1728 Post Oak Blvd, ☏ . Insanely expensive prices, but very good American cuisine. Reservations required.
- Mystery Cafe, 2400 West Loop South (Sheraton, IH-610 at Westheimer), ☏ . "Where MURDER is always on the menu!" $52.95/person.
- Ragin' Cajun, 4302 Richmond Ave., ☏ . This is the world's best cajun kitchen that hasn't been destroyed by a hurricane. Gumbo, jambalaya, and crawdads are served up in a funky, downhome casual restaurant where the zydeco music never stops.
- The Murder Mystery Company in Houston, 7620 Katy Fwy #100 Houston, TX 77024, ☏ . Live, interactive murder mystery shows in Houston.
- Whole Foods Market (Whole Foods), 1700 Post Oak Blvd. Wide range of prepared foods and meals that are custom prepared. Coffee bar, micro-brewery, sushi bar, taco bar, sandwich bar, juice/smoothie bar, salad bar, buffet, pizza oven, burger bar, bakery
- The Tasting Room, 1101 Uptown Park Blvd, ☏ . With more seating then any other bar in Houston, the Tasting Room is a unique experience and is an ideal spot for a great night out. Choose from over 200 wines priced from the reasonable $15 per bottle to the indulgent $1,000 per bottle.
- Wild West, 6101 Richmond Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Courtyard - Galleria, 2900 Sage Road.
- [dead link] Fairfield Inn - Galleria, 3131 West Loop S.
- Houston Marriott Westchase, 2900 Briarpark Dr.
- 2 Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria, 1750 West Loop South.
- 3 Hyatt House - Houston Galleria, 3440 Sage Rd. Pet-friendly, all-suite hotel.
- 4 TownePlace Suites Houston Galleria Area, 5315 S Rice Ave, ☏ . Pet friendly, all suites, full kitchens, free parking, and free breakfast.
- 5 Granduca Houston, 1080 Uptown Park Blvd, toll-free: . Luxury hotel offering the ambiance of an Italian palace along with the upscale touches of a five-star hotel.
- 6 Hotel Derek, 2525 W. Loop South, ☏ .
- The Houstonian, 111 North Post Oak Ln, ☏ . Located on a wooded 18-acre site, the hotel includes a fitness club and full-service spa.
- 7 Omni Houston Hotel, 4 Riverway, ☏ .