Hythe is in the District of Shepway, in Kent.
The main roads leading towards Hythe are the M20, which runs from the M25 via Maidstone and on to Ashford, and the A20 to Hythe. Exit the M20 at Junction 11, and follow the signs for Hythe. An alternate route would be to travel from the Brighton direction via Hastings, Winchelsea and Rye on the A259 along the scenic coast route. Coming from the Dover direction, travel along the A20, passing through Folkestone, joining the A259 onto Hythe.
- 1 Port Lympne Wild Animal Park & Gardens. A 600-acre estate with mansion house and zoo.
- 2 Brockhill Country Park, Saltwood.
- 3 Hythe Town FC, Reachfields Stadium Fort Road.
- 2 The Royal Military Canal. 28-mile canal built between 1804 and 1809, with a public footpath alongside. Hythe is near the eastern end of the canal.
- Vinodhon Tandoori Restaurant, 74 High Street, ☏ . Daily noon-2:30PM, 6-11:30PM; closed Friday lunchtime. Fully licensed and air conditioned Indian restaurant. A take-away menu is available, offering 15% discount on all orders over £10. A good selection of dishes on the menu.
- The White Hart, 71 High Street, CT21 4AJ, ☏ .
- 1 The Kings Head, 117 High St, CT21 5JJ, ☏ . Reputedly the oldest pub in Hythe, dating back to 1583.
- 2 The Fountain Inn, 171 Seabrook Rd, CT21 5RT, ☏ . noon-11PM.
- 3 The Globe Inn, 6-8 High St, CT21 5AT, ☏ . M-Sa noon-11PM, Su noon-3PM.
- The Hythe Imperial, Prince's Parade, CT21 6AQ, ☏ .
- The Swan Hotel, 59 High Street, CT21 4AJ, ☏ .
- The Red Lion Hotel, Red Lion Square, CT21 5AU, ☏ .
|Routes through Hythe|
|London ← Ashford ←||NW E||→ Folkestone → Dover|
|Hastings ← Romney Marsh ←||SW E||→ Folkestone|