Jebudo (제부도) is an island in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi. Jebudo Beach in southern Jebudo is renowned as a summer vacation destination. It is also popular among tourists as it is close to Seoul and Incheon.
Jebudo (제부도) is a small island on the west coast of South Korea, southwest of Seoul. Twice daily, the sea parts and reveals a road to access to the island and then you can witness the so called Miracle of Moses. Information on the Waterway: ☏ .
There is no direct subway route from Seoul or the suburbs of Seoul to Jebudo. Therefore, you are recommended to use both the subway and bus. If you want to go to Jebudo with transportation, you could get off at 1 line subways and take on the buses that connect downtown Geumjeong or Suwon to Jebudo. There are two different way for Jebudo (제부도). The one of way is using Geumjeong Station Bus Stop. To the south of Geumjeong Station, Exit #4 is a bus stop. From here, you can take Bus 330 to the Entrance of Jebudo (제부도 입구). If you are coming from the Suwon Station, you can use Suwon Station Bus Stop. To the north of Suwon Station, Exit #4 is a bus stop. From here you can take Bus 10044 to the entrance of Jebudo (제부도 입구).
|Bus number||Intervals||Bus route||Price (\)||First bus and the last bus time||Bus Company Number|
|330||1 hr 5 min to 1 hr 15 min||Geumjeong Station ⇄ Gunpo Station ⇄ Banwoal Station ⇄ Ansan ⇄ Bibong ⇄ Namyang ⇄ Mado ⇄ Seosin ⇄ Entrance of Jebudo||2400||For Jebudo 05:45 / 24:05
For Geumjeong Station 04:30 / 22:30
|1004||1 hr 5min to 1 hr 15 min||Suwon Station ⇄ Pyeong-dong ⇄ Gosaek-dong ⇄ Omok-dong ⇄ Wonpyeong ⇄ Bibong ⇄ Hwasung City Center ⇄ Namyanga ⇄ Mado ⇄ Seosin ⇄ Entrance of Jebudo||2400||For Jebudo 06:30 / 24:00
For Suwon Station 05:15 / 22:30
There is no subway line through Jebudo. There are a few buses, but service is not that frequent. Furthermore, Jebudo is very big and much of the area is separated by the sea. So the easiest method for getting around town is driving.
- Jebu call taxi, ☏ .
- Sagang taxi, ☏ .
- 1 BadatGil. When the tide goes out, the road in the sea began to evaporate. You can walk this road to see the mud flats on either side of road. This is the real charm of Jebudo.
- 2 The Jebu Beach. The Jebu Beach is an beautiful area of sand or stones beside the sea. The water temperature is moderate, so you can nicely enjoy a bath in the sea. It is next to Jebuland.
- 3 Maebawi, Maebawi-ro, Namyang- eup, Hwaseong-si. This is a group of rocks. The 'Mae' part of the name means falcon. It seems like a group of falcons: flying falcons, falcons snatching prey, etc. There are a variety of falcon-like rocks in this group.
- 1 Fishing Pier. The pier, 77 m long and made of wood, enables people to walk out to the deep sea and red lighthouse. Here, you can enjoy the scenery while fishing. Many people love this place.
- 2 Jebu coastal walkway. It is the 800-m walkway that connect from mountain trails to the dock. You can walk track along Jebu's north coast.
- 3 [dead link] Jebu farm, 220-7, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, Hwaseong-si, ☏ . In this farm, you can animal experiences, feeding animal, donkey rides. so This is awesome place enjoy with your kids and family. But services are shut down due to cold winter weather.
- 4 Jebu Land, 190-190, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, Hwasung-si, ☏ . 10;00 - 22:00. Jebuland is the only entertainment park in Jebudo. Jebu Land can be sorted into two groups, Beach Land and Leisure Land. There are plenty of leisure activities and entertainment.
- 5 Mud flat. At Jebudo Island you will be able to see short-necked clam, surf clam, corb shell, batillaria cumingii, sea anemone, macrophthalmus japonicus, gaetice depressus, philyra pisum, bullacta exarata, and Charybdis Japonica. When they are in season the foreshore is lined with short-necked clams and oysters. However, you should use your judgment and discretion if you want to collect them, to avoid causing trouble for the local residents.
- Hwaseong port festival. Since 2015, this event is held every year on July 4. This representative coastal festival is based on mud flats. In this festival, you can do many activities like getting Manila clam, fishing in the mud, and sledding in the mud. And you can enjoy fantastic firework with the west coast.
- Jebudo eel Festival. Any man, woman, child can engage in a contest catching eel. Since 2010, this event held in every June. The festival includes different performances like cooking and watching movies, and there are also various singing performances.
- Jumbo Shrimp Festival. The Jumbo Shrimp is in autumn season. So every October, this event is held in Jebudo. You can taste fresh shrimp.
Grapes are a regional specialty of this island. Grapes from this island have a high sugar content and a juicy flavor.
Jebudo is also famous for seaweed. you can buy these specialties from peddlers on the road.
Finally, Jebudo is known for its seafood. You can get excellent quality, surprising freshness, and low-priced seafood in Gungpyeonghang Fish Market. Gungpyeonghang is only a 15-minute drive away.
- 1 Dolgorae Sushi Restaurant, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-22:00. Located in central Jebudo, Dolgorae has very fresh sushi and sashimi. ₩50,000-100,000.
- 2 Nakjo Sushi Restaurant, 190-47, Jebu-ri, Seosan-myeon, Hwaseong-si, ☏ . 10:00-22:00. If you want to eat fresh sushi looking at a beautiful sunset, it is here! ₩70,000-200,000.
- 3 Seokgunae sushi restaurant, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-00:00. ₩50,000-100,000.
- 4 Agachon, 288-49, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, Hwaseong-Si, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-22:00. A quiet Korean restaurant. A little expensive.
- 1 Apple blossom, 50, 178gil, Seosin-myeon, Hwaseong-si. A dry flower coffee shop.
- 2 Cafe Mong. Coffee, tea, juice.
- 1 Namuhyanggi pension, 288-12, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₩50,000 in weekday and ₩80,000 in weekend.
- 2 View of Sea Pension, 149-5, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₩35,000 in weekday and ₩60,000 in weekend.
- 3 Dasoni Pension, 10-20, jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₩40,000 in weekday and ₩80,000 in weekend.
Galmping is a mixed word using glamorous and camping. It is a style of camping that is more comfortable. Jebudo is known for glamping.
- 4 Caravan Camp, 226 Haean-gil, Seosin-myeon, Hwaseong-si, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₩25,000-55,000.
- 5 [dead link] GlamB Glamping, 20-14, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, Hwaseong-si, ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₩35,000-75,000.
- 6 J campingi, 290-5, Jebu-ri, Seosin-myeon, Hwasung-si, ☏ . Check-in: 11:00, check-out: 15:00. ₩55,000-145,000.