Kaitaia is a town near the southern end of Ninety Mile Beach in the Far Far North of New Zealand. It is the biggest town (5,000 people) in the Far Far North and the last town of any size before Cape Reinga at the northern tip of the North Island.
- Gumdiggers Park, 171 Heath Rd, Awanui (25 km or 20 minutes north of Kaitaia), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily (except 25 Dec) 9AM–4PM. A museum about kauri trees, kauri gum and its industries at a historic gum digging site. Adult $12.50, child 8–16 $6.
- 1 Museum @ Te Ahu, cnr South Rd & Matthews Ave. Previously known as the Far North Regional Museum.
- Ninety Mile Beach – it stretches a long way north obviously, but the southern end is 13 km (12 minutes drive) away at Ahipara.
- Coach tours to Cape Reinga along Ninety Mile Beach
- 1 YHA Ahipara, 168-170 Takahe St, Ahipara (15 km from Kaitaia), ☏ . Dorm bed from $25.20, room from $67.50.