- For other places with the same name, see Kingman (disambiguation).
Kingman is the midpoint of the longest remaining stretch of the legendary Route 66, which reaches east of Seligman and goes west to the Colorado River at Topock/Golden Shores. It also boasts no less than forty buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Before automobiles became the primary mode of transportation, Kingman was a major railroad hub for the AT&SF railroad. These factors all combine to make Kingman a city rich with history.
- 1 Kingman Visitor Center (Historic Kingman Powerhouse), 120 W Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 8AM-5PM. Has information on Route 66 as well as most of Arizona. The Arizona Route 66 Museum is also located here, as are a number of exhibits and a gift shop.
Kingman can also be reached via Historic Route 66 from the East at the Crookton Rd. exit #139 just past Ash Fork, or at Seligman. From the west at the Topock junction off of I-40, just past the AZ/CA state line.
Kingman can be reached from Las Vegas via US 93. This trip has the added bonus of crossing the bridge above the Hoover Dam. You can't see the dam while driving across the bridge, but there's a parking area on the Nevada side so you can walk across for views of the dam and river.
- 1 McCarran International Airport (LAS IATA), 5757 Wayne Newton Blvd, ☎ , fax: . LAS in Las Vegas is the nearest major airport, about 100 miles (160 km), a 2 hour drive, northwest of Kingman is served by many domestic and international air carriers. Discount air carriers serving LAS include Southwest Airlines.
- 2 Kingman Airport (IGM IATA), 7000 Flightline Dr, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This airport does not have scheduled commercial service.
- 3 Amtrak's Southwest Chief, 106 4th St. Daily: 11:46AM for westbound trains and 1:33AM for eastbound trains AZ MST. Hours are subject to daylight savings time. This stop has no ticket office and no Quik-Trak ticket machine so tickets must be purchased at another station or online.
Old Route 66 is called Andy Devine Avenue in Kingman.
- [dead link] Kingman Area Regional Transport (KART), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Green/yellow lines M-F 6AM-8PM Sa 9AM-4PM, blue/red lines M-F 6AM-6PM SA 9AM-4PM. Kingman's public bus system has four lines, operating six days a week. A brochure and route map is available online [dead link]. $1.50 (single ride), $5 (day pass), $65 (monthly pass).
- 1 Bonelli House, 430 E Spring St, ☎ . M-F 11AM-3PM and by appt. A historic house listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 2 Mohave Museum of History & Arts, 400 W Beale St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 1PM-5PM.
- 3 Route 66 Museum, 120 W Andy Devine Ave (Powerhouse Visitor Center), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 9AM-5PM. Has displays depicting the historical evolution of Route 66, with murals, photos and life-size dioramas. A special exhibit is devoted to historic electric vehicles, including about 16 vehicles dating from the late 1800s to the present; specimens include Willie Nelson's golf card and the Ohio University Buckey Bullet, which set the land speed record for an electric vehicle in 2016. $4 (adults), $3 (seniors), free (under 12).
- 4 Kingman Railroad Museum, 402 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , e-mail: fun@KingmanRailroadMuseum.org. W-Su 10AM-4PM. Housed in a restored depot built in 1907, this small museum displays artifacts from the Santa Fe Railroad and 3 different model railroad layouts $2 (adults), free (children under 5).
- 5 Locomotive Park, 315 W Beale St, ☎ . Home to famed steam engine #3759. Free.
- 2 Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This park features hiking on ten miles of trails, picnicing, and camping. Cabins are available for rent (see listing below). The park also has three group activity areas for reunions, company events, weddings, etc. The largest site can accommodate 500 people.
- 3 Monolith Garden Trail. Open to hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians, this 7-mile trail meanders through interesting volcanic formations. There is little shade and no drinking water; watch out for rattlesnakes. Free.
- 4 White Cliffs Wagon Trail Park, White Cliffs Rd. Dawn to dusk. This is part of an old wagon route used by miners in the late 1800s; the tracks were cut into the bedrock and depression alongside were used for posts and stubs to help pull the wagons. The trail is now popular with hikers and mountain bikers. A good trail description can be found here. Free.
Festivals and events
- 5 Kingman Hog Days, 2501 Beverly Ave (Mother Road Harley Davidson), ☎ . A three-day event in late April celebrating Harley Davidson.
- 6 Hualapai Mountain Park Craft Fair & Swap Meet, Rec Area #1 (Hualapai Mountain County Park), ☎ . 9AM=3PM. Held the first Sunday of July and August. Free.
- 7 Mohave County Fair, 2600 Fairgrounds Ave (Mohave County Fairgrounds), ☎ . Held annually in September.
- 8 Andy Devine Days Rodeo, 2600 Fairgrounds Ave (Mohave County Fairgrounds). Held annually in late September, includes bronc riding, barrel racing, and bull riding. $8-$10 (adults), $4-$5 (children).
- Kingman Cancer Car Arts & Crafts Festival. November.
- 9 Best of the West on Route 66 Festival, 315 W Beale St (Locomotive Park). Late September. This is expected to be an annual festival, providing all of the elements that tourists and locals love about Kingman: classic cars and cowboys.
- 10 Chillin’ on Beale Street!, 400 block of E Beale St, ☎ . 3rd Sa of month, Apr-Oct 5PM-8PM. An old fashioned block party and classic car show with cars, music and socializing.
- 1 Historic Route 66 Association of AZ Gift Shop, 120 W Andy Devine Ave (ground floor of the Kingman Visitor center), ☎ . Daily 9AM-5PM. Sells a large selection of unique Route 66 memorabilia.
- Kingman Visitor Center Gift Shop, 120 W Andy Devine Ave (ground floor of the Kingman Visitor center), ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. 8AM-4:45PM daily. Gift shop offers predominantly American- and Arizona-made items.
- 1 Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 3520 Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ . Su-Th 6AM-10PM, F Sa 6AM-11PM. Part of a nation-wide chain, with an onsite gift shop. $10 dinner.
- 4 Mattina's Ristorante Italiano, 318 Oak St, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Take out available.
- 5 Mr D'z Route 66 Diner, 105 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 7AM-9PM.
- 7 Safeway, 3125 N Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ . Daily 5AM-midnight. Has a hot and cold deli, and onsite pharmacy.
- 8 Smith's Food And Drug, 3490 Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ . Daily 24 hrs. Has a full-service deli for self catering options, as well as an onsite pharmacy.
- 1 Cellar Door, 414 E Beale St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 4PM-12AM. Wine bar in historic downtown Kingman. Wine, beer, cheese plate & other light appetizers. Live music Saturday nights.
- 2 Beale Street Brews Coffee & Roasting Co., 418 E Beale St, ☎ , e-mail: Beale_street_brews@brew-master.com. Su 7AM-3PM, M-Th 7AM-9PM, F-Sa 7AM-10PM. Coffeehouse and art gallery. Free wi-fi.
- 3 Black Bridge Brewery, 421 E Beale St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. T-W 11AM-9PM, Th-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Brewmaster Tim Schritter has created an atmosphere that blends his love of welding, art, music and of course, beer. With year-round beers like Evil Red, Wicked Poison and Locomotive Stout, Tim has already changed the taste for beer in the Kingman area.
- 4 Desert Diamond Distillery, 4875 Olympic Way (Kingman Airport Industrial Park), ☎ . M-Th 10AM-5PM, F Sa 10AM-6PM, Su by appt. Arizona's oldest craft distillery offers Internationally awarded rums (white, dark, barrel aged and agave) as well as sugarcane based vodka. They offer tastings and tours during regular business hours.
- 5 Cella Winery, 6927 E Brooks Blvd (15 miles NE of Kingman), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. F Sa 11AM-5PM, Su 12PM-6PM. Founded in 2006 by Carlos Cella, the winery began producing wines in 2010 and was opened to the public in 2014. Three of its wines won awards at the 2015 Kingman Wine Festival, including a moscato, a cabernet sauvignon, and a syrah.
- 6 Stetson Winery Tasting Room and Event Center, 10965 N Moonscape Way (15 miles NE of Kingman), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. F Sa 11AM-4PM, Su 1PM-7PM; by appt. A family-run vineyard which holds events with live music and food.
- 7 The House Of Hops (Kingman Tap and Bottle Club), 312 E Beale St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-W 2PM-9:30PM, Th F 2PM-11PM, Sa 12PM-11PM, Su 12PM-6PM; closing hrs may be extended if busy. Kingman's only craft beer and wine tap house, with 24 beers on tap, 10 nitro lines, and over 60 bottled beers and wines. They also serve organic margaritas and offer a Bloody Mary bar on Sundays.
- 1 Budget Inn Motel, 1239 W Beale St, ☎ . $30-40/night.
- 2 Days Inn Kingman West, 3023 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $78+/night.
- 3 Route 66 Motel, 2939 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ . $28-39/night.
- 6 Quality Inn, 1400 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, laundry facilities, pet-friendly. $58-90/night.
- 8 Rodeway Inn, 3016 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , fax: . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $45-50/night.
- 9 Silver Queen, 3285 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ . Check-in: 12PM, check-out: 11AM. $37-80/night.
- 10 Super 8 Kingman, 3401 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, accepts pets. $40-90/night.
- 11 Best Western Plus A Wayfarer's Inn & Suites, 2815 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $80-$106/night.
- 12 Best Western Plus Kings Inn & Suites, 2930 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, laundry facilities and gym. $78-106/night.
- 13 Comfort Inn, 3129 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $80+/night.
- 14 Hampton Inn & Suites Kingman, 1791 Sycamore Ave, ☎ . Free breakfast and wi-fi, pool, laundry facilities and gym. $129/night.
- 15 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 3031 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, indoor pool, gym, pet-friendly. $114-162/night.
- 17 Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Rd, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sites for tents (some with water), RVs (with full hookups), and fully-furnished cabins for rent. Tent sites are first-come, first-serve, but RV sites and cabins can be reserved online.
- 18 Kingman KOA, 3820 N Roosevelt St, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. Sites for tents and RVs with hookups as well as cabin rentals. Pool, wi-fi, and showers.
- 19 Wild Cow Springs Campground, 2475 Beverly Ave (Hualapai Mountains), ☎ , e-mail: BLM_KFOWEB_AZ@blm.gov. This campground is managed by the Bureau of Land Management. No drinking water, grills and picnic tables, vault toilets, trailers under 22'. $8/20 (individual/group).
- Fort Beale RV Park, 300 Metcalfe Rd, ☎ .
- 2 Mohave County Library, 3269 N Burbank St, ☎ . M 9AM-6PM, T 9AM-8PM, W 9AM-6PM, Th 9AM-8PM, F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-5PM. Has public computers and free wi-fi throughout the building. Also has wireless printing service.
- Kingman Daily Miner. Kingman's main newspaper, also available in print.
|Routes through Kingman|
|Los Angeles ← Needles ←||W E||→ Williams → Albuquerque|
|Barstow ← Needles ←||W E||→ Seligman → Flagstaff|
|Barstow ← Oatman ←||W E||→ Peach Springs → Flagstaff|
|Las Vegas ← Boulder City ←||N S||→ Wikieup → Phoenix via|
|Ends at ← Bullhead City ←||W E||→ END|