Kirkkonummi is part of the HSL regional public transport cooperation. See Helsinki#Get around for information about HSL fares and tickets. For coaches, see Matkahuolto. The centre is 500 m from national road 51 (Länsiväylä, Västerleden).
Few trains from Turku to Helsinki stop in Kirkkonummi. Usually you have to transfer to a regional train in Leppävaara, Espoo, sometimes in Karis, to a regional train or a minibus. In both cases the transfer should be included on the ticket.
Also buses run regularly from Helsinki. Coaches along road 51, mostly between Helsinki and Karis (often continuing farther), stop at "Kirkkonummenportti" (Kyrkslättporten), i.e. the crossroads.
Kirkkonummi is a 20–30 minute drive from central Helsinki along highway 51, depending on the traffic.
See Helsinki#Get_around for information about fares and tickets
The town is sufficiently small to get around in by foot, however for sights further away, the most practical mode of transportation is your own car. HSL operates local bus routes.
See Uusimaa#By taxi for information about companies and fares
- 1 Kirkkonummi church (in the town center).
- 2 Hvitträsk manor.
- Sites from the Porkkala parenthesis. From the end of the WW2 until 1956, Soviet Union operated a naval base on the Porkkala peninsula and much of the current Kirkkonummi municipality was part of the base. There are still a couple of landmarks left from the decade known as the "Porkkala parenthesis".
- 3 Pokrova Orthodox monastery (in Jorvas village).
- 4 Haapajärvi wooden church.
- Nuuksio National Park is partially located in Kirkkonummi and there are opportunities for hiking elsewhere in the municipality too.
- 1 Peuramaa. Small skiing center.
- 2 Kurk golf. A golf range in the northern part of the municipality.
- 3 JVDEAL Watersports, Siltaranta 8 (bus 171, stop "Rantaniitty"), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. You can rent a jet ski, standup paddleboard or even a paddle boat. Jet ski €70 (1 h), SUP board €20 (1 h), pedal boat €10 (30 min).
|Routes through Kirkkonummi|
|Turku ← Siuntio ←||W E||→ Espoo → Helsinki|