- See Helsinki#Get around for information about HSL public transport fares and tickets.
Few trains from Turku to Helsinki stop in Kirkkonummi. Usually you have to transfer to a regional train in Leppävaara, Espoo, sometimes in Karis, to a regional train or a minibus. In both cases the transfer should be included on the ticket.
Also buses run regularly from Helsinki.
Kirkkonummi is a 20–30 minute drive from central Helsinki along highway 51, depending on the traffic.
The town is sufficiently small to get around in by foot, however for sights further away, the most practical mode of transportation is your own car.
- 1 Kirkkonummi church (in the town center).
- 2 Hvitträsk manor.
- Sites from the Porkkala parenthesis. From the end of the WW2 until 1956, Soviet Union operated a naval base on the Porkkala peninsula and much of the current Kirkkonummi municipality was part of the base. There are still a couple of landmarks left from the decade known as the "Porkkala parenthesis".
- 3 Pokrova Orthodox monastery (in Jorvas village).
- 4 Haapajärvi wooden church.
- Nuuksio National Park is partially located in Kirkkonummi and there are opportunities for hiking elsewhere in the municipality too.
- 1 Peuramaa. Small skiing center.
- 2 Kurk golf. A golf range in the northern part of the municipality.