|Mumbai City (South Mumbai, South Central Mumbai, North Central Mumbai)|
|Mumbai Suburban (Western Suburbs, Central Suburbs, Harbour Suburbs, North Mumbai)|
- 5 (New Bombay) — planned city of Maharashtra
In reality, the entire stretch from Thane to Mangalore forms the historical Konkan region, with some definitions including the entire western coast of India, from Gujarat to Kerala in it. But the official name of Konkan has been assigned only to the Coastal Maharashtra. It is an approximately 40-km-wide strip of land between the Arabian Sea and Deccan Plateau.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM IATA) is the only commercial airport in the Konkan region. Another commercial airport is under construction in Navi Mumbai, which will be open in 2023 at the latest.
Konkan Railway operates through this region.
- Fruits from April to May end you must have the king of fruits, Hapus (or "Alphonso") mango, especially from Ratnagari District. You can also try on Fanas (jackfruit), Karvanda (blue berries), Jambhul, Kokam, cashew fruit/nut
- Tender coconut.
- San-za-na, jackfruit idli with coconut or cow milk
- Fanas Bhaji, jackfruit curry
- Amti Bhat, rice and yellow dal curry
- Koyada, half ripe mango curry
- Vatli dal, raw mango dal
- Sol kadhi kokam curry
- Kadva wal usal beans curry
- Bangdyache human mackerel coconut curry
Veg specialities in Konkan region:
- Chulivarchya Bhakrya - Cake of native grains made on chulha
- Fanas Bhaji - Spicy jackfruit curry
- Amti Bhat - rice and yellow dal curry
- Koyada - half ripe mango sweet sour curry
- San-za-na- jackfruit sweet dish with coconut or cow milk
- Kelphoolachi Bhaji - a Konkan favourite made of banana flowers
- Vatli dal - side dish made up with raw mango dal
- Sol kadhi - kokam curry
- The modak, considered to be the favourite steamed delight of the Hindu elephant god, Ganesha.
Non-veg specialities in Konkan Region:
- Kurkuron Bombeel - crisply fried Mumbai duck
- Tisrya-che Kalvan - clams in thick spicy masala
- Bangadyachi Chatni - spicy dry dish made of tasty fish
- Vade - Sagoti - meat dish with fried cake of mixed grains
- Kokam Sarbat, cool kokam juice
- Amba Panha, raw mango drink
- Tender coconut water
- Maadi-fresh palm sap
- Sol-Kadhi, typical Konkani drink made by Kokam
- Avala Sarbat, typical Konkani drink made by Avala
- Karvand Sarbat, typical Konkani drink made by Karvand
Like most parts of Western India, Konkan has a low crime-rate. However, pickpockets are known to operate in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). Keep your money, passport and credit card safely in your wallet.