Maine Turnpike (Interstate 95), Exit 80.
- 3 Auburn-Lewiston Municipal Airport (LEW IATA), 80 Airport Dr (Auburn), ☎ . No longer has commercial flights, but it's an option if you're chartering your own flight.
A number of shuttle companies serve Lewiston.
- Maine Limousine Service, ☎ , toll-free: .
Local bus service in Lewiston, Auburn, and the surrounding area is provided by Citylink, which runs Monday–Friday early morning to early evening and Saturday with a more limited schedule. The fare for most routes is $1.50 ($1.25 for students, $0.75 for seniors). There are also two free shuttles: the Downtown Shuttle, serving both cities' downtown areas and Central Maine Medical Center, and the Mall Shuttle, serving Auburn's mall area.
- 2 Franco Center, 46 Cedar St, ☎ (admin), (box office), fax: . Performing arts and museum in old St. Mary's church, celebrating Franco-American heritage.
- Great Falls Balloon Festival, Simard-Payne Memorial Park. Annual hot air balloon festival; one of the largest tourist draws to the area. Normally the 3rd weekend in August. Events take place in Lewiston and the neighboring city of Auburn as well.
- 1 Switzerland Road. One of the more hidden pleasures of living in Lewiston. Switzerland Road is off of Main Street between the local fire station and a local furniture store and across from Harley Davidson's. Walking down this road is a quiet delight. Switzerland is a dead end road, approximately one mile in length. It parallels the Androscoggin River, offering waterfront access (but no swimming) after the initial 100 yards of residences. About halfway down the road is 2 St Peter's Cemetery, which is a local landmark. You can see the cultural heritage of Lewiston in the Quebecois names and Catholic practices in this quiet, beautifully maintained, place of rest. It is a wonderful place to be at peace and look at the inspiring statues, mottoes, and inscriptions of those who came before. (Please respect the atmosphere and let it enrich you!) Switzerland Road ends in a 3 power plant that uses the water power from the river to provide electricity to Lewiston locals, and while the power plant is not public, it is easily accessible if you call in advance for a tour. The tour is very worthwhile, because they show how water is transformed into electricity.
- 1 Davinci's Eatery, 150 Mill St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Su–Th 11AM–9PM, F Sa 11AM–10PM. In the old Bates Mill, great lasagna and bread,did that part of the mill over very nicely. Brick oven. North Italian cuisine. We make it every year when we go to the Moxie Festival
- Fish Bones, 70 Lincoln St, ☎ . Seafood.
- 2 Fuel, 49 Lisbon St, ☎ . 5PM-9PM. A modern French bistro located in downtown Lewiston.
- Golden City Chinese food, 20 East Ave (Lewiston Mall), ☎ . M–Th 10:30AM–10PM, F Sa 10:30AM–11PM, Su 4PM–10PM. World famous Chinese food to eat in or take out. Very authentic
- 3 Governor's Restaurant & Bakery, 1185 Lisbon St, ☎ . Su–Th 6AM–9PM, F Sa 6AM–10PM. Family place. Oh my, try the pie.
- 4 Mother India, 114 Lisbon St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mo 4:30PM–9PM; Tu–Th 11AM–3PM, 4:30PM–9PM; F–Su 11AM–9PM.
- 5 Sam's Italian Foods, 268 Main St, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Su–Th 8AM–11PM, F Sa 8AM–midnight.
- 1 Maine Motel & Cabins, 1101 Maine St, ☎ . They have motel room, but the cabins are so cozy, bring a fan for the summer. Great place if you're taking in the Moxie Festival. Nice young couple run it.
- 2 Motel 6, 516 Pleasant St, ☎ , fax: .
- 3 Ramada Lewiston Hotel & Conference Center, 490 Pleasant St, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 4 Super 8 Motel Lewiston/Auburn, 1440 Lisbon St, ☎ .
- 5 Ware Street Inn, 52 Ware St, toll-free: . Within walking distance to Bates campus.
|Routes through Lewiston|
|Augusta ← Gardiner ←||N S||→ Auburn → Portland|
|Rochester ← Auburn ←||W E||→ Monmouth → Augusta|
|END ←||W E||→ Jct E → Monmouth → Gardiner|
|END ←||W E||→ Lisbon → Brunswick|