The Birthplace of American Liberty, the Lexington Green is where the first shot of the American Revolution was fired and the first blood shed. Old cemeteries bear the names and dates of colonial families and many of the colonial houses have been preserved.
- Visitor center, on the town common, or "Battle Green". Daily 9AM-5PM, except Dec-Mar 10AM-4PM.
- Logan International Airport in Boston is the closest major airport, located about 17 miles from Lexington Center, and depending on traffic is around 45 minutes to reach Lexington.
- The Laurence G. Hanscom Field, a civil general aviation airport, is located in Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Other regional airports include:
- Worcester Regional Airport, Worcester, Massachusetts
- T. F. Green Airport, Warwick, Rhode Island
- Manchester Airport, Manchester, New Hampshire
- There are no MBTA Commuter Rail stops within the town of Lexington itself. However, there are stations in several surrounding towns, including Belmont, Waltham, Lincoln, Winchester, and Woburn.
- Lexington is most accessible by the two highways that run through it, Interstate 95 (Route 128) and Route 2. On Interstate 95, take exit 31 or 32. On Route 2, take exit 53, 54 (westbound only), 55 (eastbound only), or 56. From Boston or Cambridge, if you follow Massachusetts Avenue through Arlington to Lexington you are retracing the route that William Dawes (and to some extent Paul Revere) used to warn the colonists in Lexington of the approaching British troops.
- MBTA bus #62  and #76  provide service to Lexington. They run from the Alewife subway station (the end of the line on the Red line) that bring you to the center of town, where 'the Green' is (site of the skirmish between British controlled forces and colonial irregulars). Of these the 76 - Hanscom Field bus should also be able to bring you close enough to walk to some of the other Revolutionary War sites on the far side of 95 aka Route 128.
- There is an intra-town bus service, Lexpress, which can be useful in getting to different points in the town. See "Get around".
- Minuteman Bikeway, Massachusetts Av. at Miriam Av. On the trackbed of the railroad. The bikepath starts at the Alewife subway station, near the Arlington/Cambridge border, and roughly parallels Massachusetts Avenue through Arlington and Lexington.
- Tip: Most of the attractions and dining, shopping and entertainment options are located in or near the town center, so be sure to first visit the center, and then fan out from there.
- Lexpress Bus, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Lexington's in-town public transit service. Three buses run six routes throughout Lexington during the week (except legal holidays) from 6:45AM to 6:25PM in September-June, and 7AM to 6:25PM during July and August. $2.00.
- Liberty Ride is a seasonal trolley between Lexington and Concord that serves many of the tourist attractions.
- Minute Man National Historical Park is partly in Lexington. For information see Concord.
- The Battle Green, which includes the famous Minuteman Statue and the nation's oldest war monument. Capt. John Parker, who commanded the Lexington militia. His famous command was, "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"
- In close proximity to the Green is the Old Belfry, the Old Depot [dead link] and the adjacent Depot Square.
- The Old Burying Ground, featuring the oldest gravestones in the town, dating back to the 1690s, and the burial site of Captain John Parker and the British soldier wounded on the British retreat from Concord on April 19, 1775.
- The Lexington Historical Society, ☎ . Gives guided tours of three houses:
- The Buckman Tavern, 1 Bedford Street,  [dead link]. Daily 10AM-4PM, mid Apr-Oct. Built around 1710, is the only building still on the Green that was there during the Battle of Lexington. The Minutemen gathered here to await word of British troop movements, and they brought their wounded here after the conflict.
- Hancock-Clarke House, 36 Hancock Street,  [dead link]. Daily May-Oct. This is where Samuel Adams and John Hancock were staying when Paul Revere arrived. They fled to nearby Woburn. The 1698 house, furnished in colonial style, contains Lexington Historical Society's museum.
- Munroe Tavern, 1332 Massachusetts Avenue,  [dead link]. Daily May-Oct. Taken by the British to use as a headquarters and hospital this 1690 building has period furniture. Gardens are historically accurate.
- 1 Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library (formerly National Heritage Museum), 33 Marrett Rd, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 12PM-5PM. Sponsored by the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
- Battle Green Guides, Phone: +1 339-223-5623. Tours available from spring through fall to give visitors a free historic tour of the Battle Green and Old Burying Ground. Private tours $50.
- Liberty Ride, Phone: +1 781 862-0500, ext. 702, , a 90-minute tour along the historic Battle Road with a costumed guide who recounts the exciting events of April 19, 1775 and the literary legacy that defined American identity and culture. Operates from October 15 to May 27 and has departures at 10:30AM, 12 Noon, 1:30PM, and 3PM. Tickets $20 for adults, $10 for students (5-17). Free for children under 5.
- Pine Meadows Golf Course, 225 Cedar Street, ☎ . A 9-hole/35-par municipal course.
- 1 The Lexington Venue, 1794 Massachusetts Ave, ☎ . One of the last remaining small-town cinemas in the area that features indie and foreign films along with the obligatory blockbuster.
- Muse's Window, 1656 Massachusetts Av, ☎ . Crafts.
- Alexander's Pizza, 180 Bedford Street, ☎ . A quick and unpretentious Greek pizza shop.
- Bertucci's Brick Oven Pizzeria, 1777 Massachusetts Av, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dabin, 10 Muzzey Street, ☎ . Authentic Japanese and Korean cuisine.
- Daikanyama, 43 Waltham St, ☎ . Lunch M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM, Sa Noon-4:PM; Dinner M-F 4PM-9:30PM F,Sa 4PM-10:30PM Su Noon-9:30PM. Quaint Japanese restaurant. Features Sushi bar. $15–$30.
- Khushboo, 1709 Massachusetts Av, ☎ . Indian.
- Lemon Grass, 1710 Massachusetts Av, ☎ . Thai cuisine
- Lexx, 1666 Mass. Av, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Mario's Italian Restaurant, 1733 Mass Av, ☎ . Reasonably priced Italian restaurant.
- [dead link]Max Stein's American, 94 Hartwell Av, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fine Dining.
- Teppanyaki, 27 Waltham St., ☎ . M-Th 11:30AM-10PM F,Sa 11:30AM-11PM Su 12PM-10PM. Hibachi-style Japanese restaurant. Also features sushi bar and some Chinese food.
- [dead link]Upper Crust, 41 Waltham Street, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Upscale pizza.
- [dead link]Via Lago, 1845 Massachusetts Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All-day café.
- Yangtze River Restaurant, 21 Depot Sq, ☎ . Chinese.
- [dead link]La Riviera, 182 Bedford Street, ☎ . Freshly baked French pastries.
- Rancatore's Ice Cream, 1752 Mass Av, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Home made ice cream and sauces. Shades of vanilla and chocolate.
- Note: There are no fast-food chain restaurants in Lexington, so be prepared to stay a bit if you go out to eat, although there are Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts, along with a couple quick-fix cafés and the like.
Lexington is living up to its Puritan roots in the nightlife category. There are no dedicated bars to speak of, although many restaurants serve alcohol.
- Ride Studio Cafe, 1720 Massachusetts Ave, ☎ . Cyclist focused coffee shop and bike repair spot conveniently located near the Minuteman Bike Trail. Ride has a selection of locally roasted coffees and well made espresso drinks. There is also a small menu of locally sourced food and if you happen to have bike trouble, they can probably fix it for you.
- Peet's Coffee & Tea, 1749 Mass Av, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Coffee, tea, pastry.
- Desiderata Bed & Breakfast, 189 Wood Street, ☎ . 3 rooms.
- Fireside Bed and Breakfast, 24 Eldred St, ☎ , fax: . 3 rooms. $85-$150.
- Greentrees Bed & Breakfast, 40 Sherburne Road, ☎ . 2 rooms. $70 to $109.
- Morgan's Rest Bed and Breakfast, 205 Follen Road, ☎ , fax: . 3 rooms. $95-$125.
- Pacem Bed & Breakfast, 62 Sherburne Road, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 3 rooms.
- Quality Inn and Suites, 440 Bedford St, ☎ .
- Aloft Lexington, 727 Marrett Road, ☎ . $151/night.
- Element Lexington, 727 Marrett Road, ☎ . B,
|Routes through Lexington|
|Peabody ← Burlington ←||N S||→ Waltham → Weston|
|Concord ← Lincoln ←||W E||→ Arlington/Belmont → Boston|