Magnolia is a city in Timberlands region of Arkansas.
Magnolia is located off HWY 79, southwest of Pine Bluff. Bounding south, at the intersection of HWY 79 and 82 E. you'll find Magnolia's business district. The closest major cities are Texarkana, TX; Little Rock, AR; and Shreveport, LA. These three cities are major not only for its commerce, but for its airports as well. The best way route of transportation is a motor vehicle, but If you need to fly in, you will need to come into one of these airport locations and then rent a car!
Magnolia is pretty large in acreage, but the bulk of its commerce, residences, and other facilities are located radially from the court square. If you know North St., Jackson St., Vine St., Main St.(US HWY 371 S. and 82 E.),and US HWY 79 you can get anywhere and everywhere in the city. These streets take you to the churches, banks, eateries, shops, etc. the town has to offer. Not to mention, most of these streets take you to the historical Court Square!
- Magnolia Trees Magnolia derives it name from the approximately one-hundred-and-fifty-year-old (per the Hester Brothers' best recollection) Magnolia trees that surround the downtown courthouse. The downtown area is clean, vital and features several murals chronicling Magnolia's history.
- World Championship Steak Cook-Off, which has been featured on the Food Network. The festival takes place on the third weekend in May and is a popular stop for Arkansas politicians stumping for office.
- Southern Arkansas University (SAU). SAU is known for its world-class rodeo team and agricultural business program.
- Wilson Memorial Garden Just off the square. Magnolia is overflowing with its magnificent art and murals, but as a new structure, this garden is absolutely breath taking from the waterfalls to the vast collection of botanicles.
- Lake Columbia West of city, Enjoy fishing and water sports.
- Logoly State Park North of city
- Murphy's Jewelers, 107 South Court Square, ☏ . Retail/Jewelers
- Wal-Mart, 60 Hwy 79 Bypass North, ☏ . Retail
- Jennifer's, 117 South Court Square, ☏ . Clothing
- Khaki's, 108 N. Court Square, ☏ . Clothing
- Stephens Olde Tyme Country Store, 101 N Jefferson, ☏ . Gifts & Pool Supplies
- Sara's, 106 N. Court Square, ☏ . Clothing
In addition to unique dining establishments, chains such as Dairy Queen, KFC and McDonald's are well-represented.
- Backyard BBQ, 1407 E Main St. Offers some of the best baby back ribs in the state and has the awards to prove it.
- Chen Chen, 309 Fredrick St, ☏ .
- Marlar's Cafeteria, 2116 Vine, ☏ . Featuring home cooking and pies.
Columbia County was a dry county, but has since lifted its ban on selling alcohol.
- Quality Inn, Hospitality Investments, LLC, 411 E Main St, ☏ . The outdoor pool scene is kind of basic.
- Save Inn, 301 E. Main St, ☏ .
- The Loft on the Square Guest Suites, 105 1/2 South Court Square, ☏ .
- Magnolia Chamber of Commerce, 211 W Main St, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Magnolia|
|Memphis ← Pine Bluff ←||N S||→ Bossier City → Shreveport|
|Texarkana ← Garland ←||W E||→ El Dorado → Greenville|