Pine Bluff is a historic city in the Timberlands region of Southern Arkansas.
The city is known as the location of the last major Confederate offensive of the American Civil War in the state of Arkansas. The U.S. garrison held this critical riverport town against an attack led by Confederate Brigadier-General John S. Marmaduke. The Union army did this against overwhelming odds.
The best way is by car. I-530 will get you to Pine Bluff from Little Rock, however you can also use Highway 365, which basically follows the same route but has more interesting scenery and goes through various small towns.
Grider Field is an airport to the south of the city, however there aren't any commercial flights there. It is used mainly for general aviation. Little Rock National Airport is the principal air gateway to Pine Bluff.
Pine Bluff has an excellent road network. Getting around by car or Pine Bluff Transit buses should not be a problem.
There are plenty of murals on buildings in the downtown area. Also, a visit to the Delta Rivers Nature Center is highly recommended.
- 1 Arkansas Railroad Museum, 1700 Port Rd, ☏ +1 870-535-8819.
- 1 Cane Creek State Park, 50 State Park Road, Star City, AR (32 miles south of Pine Bluff via Hwy 530), ☏ +1 870 628 4714. presents a nice milieu of dead snags and lily pads amid calm bodies of waters. It's a pleasant watery environment to relax and enjoy, canoeing, biking across suspension bridges, hiking, or camping. Bayou Bartholomew is also nearby. Day use at Arkansas State Parks is supposedly free.
- 1 Colonial Steak House, 111 W 8th Ave, ☏ +1 870-536-3488. An institution that's been around since 1974.
- 1 Comfort Inn & Suites, 3620 Camden Road, ☏ +1 870 879-3800.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2903 Pines Mall Drive, ☏ +1 870 534-1810.
- 3 Motel 6, 3103 Market St, ☏ +1 870 850-0444.
|Routes through Pine Bluff|
|Memphis via ← West Memphis ←||N S||→ El Dorado → Ruston|
|Little Rock ← Redfield ←||N S||→ Lake Providence → Clayton|
|Memphis ← West Memphis ←||N S||→ Magnolia → Shreveport|
|McAlester ← Hot Springs ←||W E||→ END|