Well connected from buses and trains, from bangalore, mysore and other major cities. KSRTC buses run for every 5 min from bangalore and mysore. Nearest airport Mysore airport (MYQ IATA) 40km and Bangalore airport (BLR IATA) 130km.
Public transport is mainly restricted to auto-rickshaw, but city buses also run to some stretches. Initial prices quoted are hugely exaggerated, so you are up for heavy bargaining. Enquire from some local about the prevailing prices from one point of the city to the other.
Frequent train runs both towards Bangalore and Mysore.
- Janardhana Swamy temple, Mandaya. Beautiful gopura.
- Kunthi Betta, Pandavapura, Mandya. (Two km). Good place for trekking.
- Varadaraja Temple, Maddur.. 12 feet high deity.
- Kokkare Bellur bird sanctuary, 12 km from Maddur, Mandya Dt.
- Cauvery Waterfall (20 km).
- Malavalli temple (37 km). Magnificent temple with an ornate gate near a lake
- Srirangapatna (26 km). Remains of Tippu's Fort, Tippu's Summer Palace, Sangam, Tippu's shrine (Gumbaz), the famous Ranganatha Temple and other places of historical importance
- Melkote Temple (25 km).
- Thirumala Sagar Lake (6 km).
- Kikkeri temple (14 km).
- Bluff waterfall. Trolley ride to reach the small hill with a power station
- Sangama. Three rivers meet here and there are many riverside cottages
- Karigatta hillock. Beautiful temple. The area is ideal for trekking.
- Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary, Mysore road.
- Mandya Town. This little town is an ideal place to spend two days eating very good food and walking in the gardens around. Being an affluent locality, restaurants and hotels of good quality are easily available.
- Apoorva Darshini, V.V.Road.
- Vishranth Restaurant, V.V.Road, Mandya.
- Haripriya Restaurant, Near Bandigowda Layout, Mandya.
- Maddur Vadas. This snack is available in many roadside stalls in and around maddur and mandya. It is made up of floor mixed with sliced onions. There is a famous small shop for this in maddur.
- Hotel Amruth veg, R P road , Mandya
- Hotel Sarovara, off V V road, Mandya
Sugar Cane Juice sold on the road side and also in some hotels.
- Hotel Mayura., Mandya.. ₹2,400.
- Krupanjali Comforts, Mandya. ₹1,300.
- Jyothi International, Mandya. ₹1,200.
- T. Narsipur
- Male Mahadeshwara Betta