A great place to get in would be from Dallas. Two major highways connect McKinney: US Route 75 and Sam Rayburn Tollway.
Unfortunately, no major taxicab services or buses serve McKinney. McKinney does not have any agreement with Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), and their senior bus service, CCART, shut down due to budget issues around June 2013. The best option would be to use a car.
- Chestnut Square Historic Park, ☏ . Seven restored homes built in the 1850s. Tours available for a small fee.
- North Texas History Center, 300 E. Virginia Pkwy, ☏ .
- Culver's, 4200 West Eldorado Parkway, ☏ .
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant, 3450 S Central Expy, ☏ . Tasty and cheap Tex-Mex. Can be very busy on weekend evenings.
- Mama Emilia's Italian Restaurant, 119 W Virginia St #100, ☏ . Quaint little downtown eatery very popular with the locals.
- Londoner, 100 N Tennessee St, ☏ . English pub with great food.
- Days Inn, 2104 N Central Expy, ☏ .
- Quality Inn, 1300 N. Central Expressway, ☏ . This hotel is older but is still clean and comfortable.
|Routes through McKinney|
|Tulsa ← Sherman ←||N S||→ Plano → Dallas|
|Decatur ← Denton ←||W E||→ Greenville → END|