- For other places with the same name, see Moron (disambiguation).
The main highway from the Carretera Central in Ciego de Avila to Cayo Coco skirts the edge of the town.
There is a regular train service from Ciego de Avila. In addition, Morón is one of the stops along the Santa Clara to Nuevitas route.
The streets of Morón, like many cities in Cuba, are dominated by bici-taxis. These bike-rickshaw vehicles seat two passengers each, and the average Cuban pays no more than 25 CUP for any distance within the town. Operators will try to upsell you as a tourist; negotiate your price before getting on.
- Visit the Laguna de Leche (Lake of Milk) - the largest natural lake in Cuba, lying on the northern edge of the town. At times the sediment in the water does make it appear milky. There are a number of bars on its shores, as well as a restaurant built on stilts on the lake. On Monday everything is closed down there. You can walk there in less than two hours or take a taxi from Morón.
- In the neighboring village of Patria, on the eastern side of the town, the sugar mill has been converted to a museum.
- Rancho Palma is on the road running east of the town towards Bolivia, and is a countryside park with animals and a traditional Cuban restaurant.
- Criadero de Cocodrilos is a bit further down the road towards Bolivia, past Rancho Palma. The property hosts a crocodile sanctuary as well as a bar.
There are two state run hotels in Morón. There are also many casas particulares in town.
- Hotel Morón, Avenida de Tarafa, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. Located on the Morón's main street, in the southern district of the city, 2 km from downtown. The hotel, while basic and built in Soviet style, offers its clients a swimming pool, bar, restaurant and gift shop. Currency exchange is also available at the front desk. Car rental and parking both onsite. ~US$53.
- Hostal la Casona, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. Quaint hostal located in central Morón, near the train station. Surrounded by gardens, the colonial style mansion houses seven ample guestrooms. The property also boasts a swimming pool, bar and restaurant. ~US$42.