Mtispiri can be reached from Ozurgeti through local road Bakvhi-Smhvidobarui-Mtispiri or Dvabzu-Pampaleti-Mtispiri. Both roads are old and not paved. SUV will be good option for driving.
You can easily walk in Mtispiri.
- 1 Askana fortress (ასკანის ციხე). With six-meter high stone walls built in the 4th century. It is located on the left side of river Bakhvistskali. On the way to the fortress you will find two small lakes.
- 2 Clay mining (ბენტონიტური თიხების საბადო).
- 3 Maria Hill and church (მარიამას გორი).
- 4 Intskirveli's church (ინწკირველების ეკლესია).
- 5 Vaniskedi Church (ვანისქედის ეკლესია).
- There is a path going through woods from Vaniskedi (4 km south of Mtispiri) to Bakhmaro. 
- There is a local festival every 30 August in village Askana, 2 km east from Mtispiri
- 1 Chkhaveri (ჩხავერი). try the most famous Gurian Wine Chkhaveri (Rose wine). Guria seems to be not a wine region such as Kakheti, but, truly, Guria has very big tradition on wine making and Chkhaveri is best of them. 1L 20 lari.
- See also: Georgian phrasebook
Gurians speak much more quickly than average Georgians from other regions, so it is more complicated to understand them. When in need for help, look for younger people; they are more likely to know some English.