The closest airport is the Newark Liberty International Airport. As this is one of the busiest airports in the country, you should not have any trouble reaching there. It is located in Newark, NJ.
A second nearby airport is John F. Kennedy International Airport. It is located in Queens, NY.
Another nearby airport is LaGuardia Airport. It is located in Flushing, NY.
The easiest way to get in from New York City is to take a train into Summit from New York Pennsylvania Station. It is about a 55-minute train including stops.
- 1 Summit railway station, 40 Union Pl.
You can get around Summit by driving or walking (since it is only about 6 sq mi). Taxis are not readily available but can be called if needed.
- 1 Downtown Summit. Downtown Summit includes shopping, services (barbershops, fitness centers) food, parking, and events (sidewalk sales, farmers markets).
- 2 Reeves-Reed Arboretum, 165 Hobart Avenue, ☏ . The Arboretum helps people become better educated about nature and the environment.
- The Summit Opera House was built in the 1890s by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union as meeting place and dry entertainment hall. It houses Winberie's restaurant on the ground floor, and a church, office space, and apartments on the upper floors. It is on Springfield Avenue at Kent Place Boulevard in downtown Summit.
- The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, on Elm Street diagonally across from the Summit Middle School, is a professionally recognized regional art center with an art school and an exhibition program.
- 1 Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Ave.
- The Summit Playhouse mounts live dramatic performances.
- Horseback riding is available at the Watchung stables in the Watchung Reservation.
- 1 Rugs of Orient, 362 Springfield Ave. Oriental rug store
- Two popular malls nearby are the Short Hills Mall in Short Hills and the Livingston Mall in Livingston.
- 1 Roots Steakhouse, 401 Springfield Avenue, ☏ . Roots Steakhouse offers a variety of expensive steaks and chops.
- 2 La Pastaria, 327 Springfield Avenue, ☏ . La Pastaria offers different Italian dishes at reasonable prices including pasta and pizza.
- 3 [formerly dead link] Village Trattoria, 103 Summit Avenue, ☏ . This delicious pizza place offers fast service on take-home pizza or sit down meals.
- 1 The Grand Summit Hotel, 570 Springfield Avenue, ☏ .
- Best Western Murray Hill, 535 Central Ave, New Providence, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Routes through Summit|
|Allentown ← Bridgewater ←||W E||→ Union → New York City|
|Peapack-Gladstone ← New Providence ←||W E||→ Merges with Morristown Line|
|Dover ← Madison ←||W E||→ Short Hills → New York City/Hoboken|