Summit is a city in New Jersey. It is located in Union County and is about 20 miles from Manhattan.
The closest airport is the Newark Liberty International Airport. As this is one of the busiest airports in the country, you should not have any trouble reaching there. It is located in Newark, NJ.
A second nearby airport is John F. Kennedy International Airport. It is located in Queens, NY.
Another nearby airport is LaGuardia Airport. It is located in Flushing, NY.
The easiest way to get in from New York City is to take a train into Summit from New York Pennsylvania Station. It is about a 55 minute train including stops.
You can get around Summit by driving or walking (since it is only about six square miles). Taxis are not readily available but can be called if needed.
- Downtown Summit. Downtown Summit includes shopping, services (barbershops, fitness centers, etc.) food, parking, and events (sidewalk sales, farmers markets, etc.
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum, 165 Hobart Avenue, ☏ . The Arboretum helps people become better educated about nature and the environment.
- New York City. Take the less-than-one-hour train ride into New York City for a day of fun. You must take the NJ Transit from the Summit Station into New York Pennsylvania Station.
- Mall at Short Hills, ☏ . One of the most popular malls in the state, people from all over come to shop at this mall.
- Livingston Mall, ☏ . The Livingston Mall is about ten minutes away and offers a variety of shopping options.
- Roots Steakhouse, 401 Springfield Avenue, ☏ . Roots Steakhouse offers a variety of expensive steaks and chops.
- Souffle, 7 Union Place, ☏ . This French restaurant offers a variety of authentic French appetizers and dinner items around $30.
- La Pastaria, 327 Springfield Avenue, ☏ . La Pastaria offers different Italian dishes at reasonable prices including pasta and pizza.
- Village Trattoria, 103 Summit Avenue, ☏ . This delicious pizza place offers fast service on take-home pizza or sit down meals.
- The Office Bar & Grill, 61 Union Place, ☏ .
- Huntley Tavern, 3 Morris Avenue, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Beacon Hill Tavern, 16 Beechwood Road, ☏ .
- The Grand Summit Hotel, 570 Springfield Avenue, ☏ .
|Routes through Summit|
|Allentown ← Bridgewater ←||W E||→ Union → New York City|
|Peapack-Gladstone ← New Providence ←||W E||→ Merges with Morristown Line|
|Dover ← Morristown ←||W E||→ Short Hills → New York City/Hoboken|