Orava is a region in northern Central Slovakia.
- 1 Dolný Kubín. Skiing or hiking in the nearby Kubinske hole area, Orava castle.
- 2 Námestovo.
- 3 Terchová. Entrance for hiking up beautiful ravines and to Little Fatra mountain range.
- 4 Trstená.
- 5 Tvrdošín.
- 6 Zuberec. Center of hiking, good entry point to Western Tatras
Orava is the traditional name of a region situated in northern Slovakia. In the past, small part was also in southern Poland (Orawa).
The region doesn't provide too many historical or cultural uniquities, however it's rich in tourist opportunities - especially regarding nature.
- 1 Orava Castle (Oravský Hrad) (On the way from Dolny Kubin to Tvrdosin).
- 2 Orava village museum (Nearby Zuberec). A reconstruction of a historical village.
- 3 Leštiny wooden church. An evangelical church, enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage.
- 1 Orava dam (Oravská priehrada). Watersports and relax.
- 2 Little Fatra. Peaks like Veľký Rozsutec, or ravine Jánošíkove diery make this area very worth the day or two of stay.
- 3 Oravská Magura (Orava Magura). A relatively small mountain range, includes Kubinska hola.
- 4 Oravice. Geothermal aquapark and a small ski area.
- 5 Western Tatras.