Palm Bay is the largest city in Brevard County, with a population of over 115,000 in 2019. It is the core of the Palm Bay Metropolitan Area.
Palm Bay has plenty of points of interest north of Malabar Road. However, areas south of Malabar Road contain very little to do.
From Melbourne follow I-95 south to the Malabar Road exit for Palm Bay. US-1 follows the coastal route, a few miles to the east. Both I-95 and US-1 are north-south routes, I-95 being the easternmost interstate in the country and US-1 being the easternmost U.S. route.
- 1 Bensen House (The Bensen House Museum), 5795 US-1 (go south on U.S.1, near Micco), ☏ . Free.
- Castaway Point Park, 2990 Bay Blvd NE, ☏ . Dawn to dusk. A beautiful place to watch the sunrise or go kayaking. Free.
- 1 Grant-Valkaria Park (Valkaria Park), 1401 Valkaria Road (from U.S. 1, turn west on Valkaria Road; just past Corey Road on left). Dawn to Dusk. A great place to unwind and fish, play on the sports court or on the playground or just hike along the trail. Free.
- Grant Antique Mall, 5900 US-1 (from U.S.1. head south for about 1-2 miles; near Benson house on right), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM. Friendly little shop.
- 1 Fired Up Pizzeria, 195 Malabar Rd (easily accessible from I-95; go west until the Shopping Plaza light just past Minton Rd; then turn right), ☏ . 11AM-10PM everyday. Delicious pizzeria known locally for its large slices and great garlic knots.
- Boat House Pub (Boathouse Pub), 5170 US-1 (Just north of Rib City), ☏ .
- The Broken Barrel Tavern (Broken Barrel Tavern), Palm Bay Center, 4700 S Babcock St (from I-95 take exits 173 or 176; just south of Palm Bay Road), ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-midnight, F Sa 11AM-2AM. Unfussy tavern offering home-style BBQ (including meats smoked on-site) and a vast beer selection.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Palm Bay, 1206 Malabar Rd SE (from I-95, go east and turn right just past the Sunoco), ☏ . A typical Holiday Inn Express with free breakfast and a pool. 4 stars.
- Melbourne - a nearby neighboring and more developed city, just north of Palm Bay.
- Malabar southeast of Palm Bay is a small community on the shore of the Intracoastal Waterway.
|Routes through Palm Bay|
|Daytona Beach ← Melbourne ←||N S||→ Sebastian → West Palm Beach|
|Daytona Beach ← Melbourne ←||N S||→ Malabar → West Palm Beach|