Palm Beach County is the largest county by land area in Florida. Situated in the southeastern corner of the state, many of South Florida's most notable cities are located in Palm Beach County, including its namesake, Palm Beach.
Palm Beach County can be roughly divided into three distinct regions, East, West, and Lakeside.
- The eastern portion of the county buffers the Atlantic Ocean, and is home to the majority of developed metropolises and urban population centers both up and down the coastline (and slightly further inland).
- Western Palm Beach County is largely rural; home to a handful of small towns and farming communities scattered throughout, as well as wide swaths of environmental conservation zones.
- Lakeside would include cities bordering Lake Okeechobee along the northwestern corner of the county, such as Belle Glade and Pahokee.
- 1 Boca Raton
- 2 Delray Beach
- 3 Jupiter
- 4 Lake Worth
- 5 Palm Beach
- 6 Riviera Beach
- 7 West Palm Beach
- 8 North Palm Beach
English is the most widely-spoken language in the county, though farther south, Spanish, English, and Haitian Creole can be heard.
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI IATA) is the county's largest airport, serving mostly domestic airlines and some international flights. The county has a handful of smaller municipal airports as well, serving mostly private and chartered air traffic.
- Boca Raton Airport (BCT IATA)
- Martin County - north
- Broward County - south
- Hendry County - west
- Okeechobee County - northwest
- Glades County - northwest