- 1 Katerini — The regional capital
- 2 Litochoro — Τhe base for climbing Mt Olympus
- 3 Platamonas — A sea-side resort dominated by a 12th century Byzantine Castle.
Other destinations[edit source]
- 1 Dion — An ancient city and sanctuary dedicated to Zeus (Greek: Δίας). Philip II and Alexander the Great celebrated victories in Dion.
Other beach-resorts in the region are:
- 2 Leptokarya — Located near ancient Livithra, allegedly the home of Orpheus, a legendary musician in Greek mythology.
- 3 Neos Panteleimonas
- 4 Paralia, Pieria