- 1 Katerini — The regional capital
- 2 Litochoro — Τhe base for climbing Mt Olympus
- 3 Platamonas — A sea-side resort dominated by a 12th century Byzantine Castle.
- 1 Dion — An ancient city and sanctuary dedicated to Zeus (Greek: Δίας). Philip II and Alexander the Great celebrated victories in Dion.
Other beach-resorts in the region are:
- 2 Leptokarya — Located near ancient Livithra, allegedly the home of Orpheus, a legendary musician in Greek mythology.
- 3 Neos Panteleimonas
- 4 Paralia, Pieria
Fresh fish and seafood are the best choices in the area if you enjoy yourself in the coast. However if you find yourself in the mountains don't forget to try local recipes and fresh salads.