Pineville is a suburban town located in south-central North Carolina. Though it maintains its traditional town center, it is one of the most rapidly-growing suburbs of Charlotte. Pineville is, by residential population, the smallest town in Mecklenburg County.
Pineville can be accessed directly through the Charlotte Lynx, a public light rail train directed towards commuters from Uptown Charlotte and UNC Charlotte to Pineville. Below is train station information. Bus routes to and from the Charlotte Int'l Airport and other locations in Mecklenburg County are also available from this location.
- 1 I-485 & South Blvd S Charlotte, 9508 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273, ☏ . Daily inbound, every 10 minutes.
Pineville is a suburban commuter town and is best accessed by car or taxi. However, there are also numerous bus routes that offer direct access to the Pineville mall area as well as routes to numerous districts of Charlotte.
- 1 James K Polk Historic Site, 12031 Lancaster Hwy, ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM. From Interstate 77 south of Charlotte take Interstate 485 east (Exit 2). At the Pineville exit take Polk Street south through the town of Pineville. The Polk Memorial is on the left. The museum offers tours and information about the home of U.S. President James K. Polk, as well as a reconstruction of his house. Monthly special events. Free.
- 2 Historic Pineville Town Center, 315 Main Street. Row of historic buildings featuring antique shops, boutiques and restaurants.
- 3 Belle Johnston Park, 909 Lakeview Dr, ☏ . Local park featuring walking trails, community center, playgrounds and a large lake.
- 1 Adventure Landing, 10400 Cadillac St, ☏ . ,
- 2 Sky Zone Charlotte, 10200 Centrum Parkway, ☏ . - located in Pineville
- 3 Sky High Sports - Charlotte, 601 N Polk Street, ☏ .
- 4 Monkey Joes - Pineville/Charlotte, 601 N Polk Street, ☏ . Indoor amusement center for children.
- 5 Pineville Ice House, 400 Town Centre Blvd, ☏ . NHL-size rink with lockers, a pro-shop and snack bar.
- 6 Effortless Golf Center, 10401 Cadillac Street, ☏ . Outdoor driving range with instruction available.
- 1 Historic Pineville Town Center, 315 Main Street. Row of historic buildings featuring antique shops, boutiques and restaurants.
- 2 Carolina Place Mall (Pineville Mall), 11025 Carolina Pl, ☏ . Mon-Sat 10am-9pm; Sun 11am-7pm. 1.2 million square feet shopping mall anchored by Belk, JCPenney, and Dillard's featuring both national and local retailers.
- 3 The Centrum, 10500 Centrum Pkwy, ☏ . Strip center featuring national retailers, across from Pineville mall along Interstate 485.
- 4 Carolina Pavilion, 9541 South Blvd, ☏ . Strip mall featuring Target, Old Navy, DSW, Buy Buy Baby, Nordstrom Rack along with smaller national chain specialty stores.
- 5 Pineville Barnyard Flea Market, 3674 NC-51, ☏ . Flea market along the state line, on the western end of Pineville.
- 1 Global Restaurant, 314 Main St, ☏ . Local fine-dining spot featuring small plates and healthy options in a hip setting. $.
- 2 Waldhorn Restaurant, 12101 Lancaster Hwy, ☏ . Family-run spot offering both German and American cuisine with 40 brands of beer. $$.
- 3 Um’s Corner Café, 333 Main Street, ☏ . Hipster, sleek cafe with freshly made baked goods, dishes and coffee.
- 4 Dive N Diner, 109 North Polk Street, ☏ . Sleek, cozy diner with healthy dishes and comfort food served in a casual setting.
Bars & Breweries
- 1 Pintville Craft Beer, 329 Main Street, ☏ . Chill bar with over 20 craft beers on tap and rotating food trucks outside.
- 2 Pineville Tavern, 314 N Polk Street, ☏ . Local relaxed spot with happy hour drinks, great cocktails and quick bites. $.
Coffee & Tea
- 3 Unwind Coffee & Tea, 109 Dover Street, ☏ . Relaxed coffe shop with fast service and great tea and coffee selections.
- 1 Hilton Garden Inn Pineville/Charlotte, 425 Town Centre Blvd, ☏ . $169.
- 2 Hampton Inn Charlotte-Pineville, NC, 400 Town Centre Blvd, ☏ . $109.
- CMC Pineville Medical Center 10628 Park Rd, +1 (704) 667-1000
|Routes through Pineville|
|Wytheville ← Charlotte ←||N S||→ Fort Mill → Rock Hill|
|Mint Hill ← Charlotte ←||N S||→ becomes → Fort Mill|