Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pombal (pohm-BAHL, /põ.ˈbaɫ/) municipality has 51,178 residents (2021 preliminary), with about 11,000 living in the city.
- 1 Posto de Informação de Turismo (Tourist Information Office), Rua do Castelo, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Apr–Sep: Tu–Su 10:00–13:00 & 14:00–19:00; Oct–Mar: Tu–Su 10:00–13:00 & 14:00–17:00; closed M year-round.
- 1 Estação Ferroviária de Pombal (Pombal Train Station). Alfa Pendular & Intercity timetable, Regional timetable. Pombal is on the Linha do Norte (northern line) and many trains stop here, offering direct service to/from Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra, Entroncamento, and elsewhere. Other stations in the municipality are at Albergaria dos Doze, Litém, Vermoil, and Pelariga.
- Pombal is served by the A1 motorway (Autoestrada do Norte) from Lisbon and Porto, the A17 motorway (Autoestrada do Litoral Centro) from Marinha Grande and Aveiro, and the IC8 expressway (future A34, Autoestrada de Pombal).
- Pombus - Transportes Urbanos de Pombal. Seven local bus routes serving the city. €0.70.
- 1 Castelo de Pombal (Castle of Pombal). This Romanesque castle was built in the 12th century and given by King Afonso Henriques to the Knights Templar to help defend Coimbra. It was declared a national monument in 1910.
- 2 Igreja do Convento do Louriçal. 17th century convent church, now a national monument. The walls are cover in Baroque blue azulejo tiles, and the carved altarpieces are made of Lioz limestone originating from north of Lisbon.
- 3 Museu Marquês de Pombal, Praça Marquês de Pombal, ☏ , email@example.com. Tu–Su 10:00–13:00 & 14:00–18:00, closed M & major holidays.
- 4 Museu de Arte Popular Portuguesa, Praça Marquês de Pombal, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Museum displaying 2,000 pieces of popular arte from various regions of the country.
- 1 Praia do Osso da Baleia. Ocean beach with a Bandeira Azul (blue flag) and recognized for its accessibility.
- 1 O Manjar do Marquês, Estrada Nacional 1, km 151, Lameiras, ☏ , email@example.com. M–Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:00–22:00, Su 12:00–23:00. Portuguese cuisine. Mid-range.
- 2 Variante Restaurante, Rua Maria Fogaça 13, ☏ . W–M 10:00–23:00, closed Tu. Mid-range.
- 3 Restaurante Vintage, Rua Alexandre Herculano 7, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 10:00–23:00, closed Su. €15-25.
- 4 Restaurante Sazonal, Travesso do Braco 2, ☏ .
- 1 Belém Hotel, Avenida Heróis do Ultramar 185, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Two-star, 25-room hotel with hot tub, business centre, room service, free buffet breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and 24-hour front desk. €50-64.
- 2 Cardal Hotel, Largo do Cardal, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 37-room hotel with free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €55-61.
- 3 Hotel Pombalense, Rua Alexandre Herculano 26, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 38-room hotel with bar, business centre, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €46-55.