Beira Litoral is an historic province of the Central region of Portugal. While not an administrative region anymore in its own right, it retains an identity separate from the rest of Centro by being relatively more densely populated and defined by the closeness of the seaside. Beira Litoral entices with a combination of wonderful architectural and cultural heritage with relaxed Atlantic Coast resorts, less crowded (albeit also less warm and windier) than those in Algarve.
- 1 Aveiro - seaside town over a rivermouth, compared to Venice due to its many islands, canals and gondolas
- 2 Batalha - famous for the monastery
- 3 Coimbra - the region's main city, with much historic significance, heritage and beauty
- 4 Fátima - famous by the Marian apparitions and its sanctuary
- 5 Figueira da Foz - a seaside resort and historically important port, the second city in the region
- 6 Leiria - with a hilltop castle towering over the city
- 7 Lousã
- 8 Mealhada
- 9 Ourém
- 10 Pombal - if you wonder how Marques de Pombal got his funny name, it's from here. Plus a medieval castle.
Figureira da Foz
Santa Maria da Feira
São João da Madeira
Train Coimbra-Aveiro;Coimbra-Fig da Foz;Coimbra[Parque]-Lousa. Bus to Leiria.
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima (Marian Shrine).
- Monuments and parks in Coimbra.
- The old city of Aveiro.
- Beaches and casino in Figueira da Foz.
- The castle in Leiria.
- Troncos/doces do Buçaco;pasteis de Tentugal.(sweets/desserts).
Vinho (wine) espumante da Bairrada. Agua (water) mineral do Luso.