Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rendsburg's main claim to fame is its position on the Kiel canal with a major railway bridge over said canal.
- 1 Rendsburg station. Rendsburg is served by Hamburg - Flensburg Regionalexpress trains as well as Kiel - Husum regional trains.
- 1 Rendsburg High Bridge. The longest railway bridge in Europe.
- 2 Town Hall.
- 3 Longest bench in the world. A 575.75 m long wooden bench along Kiel Canal.
- 4 Kiel Canal Pedestrian Tunnel. Longest pedestrian tunnel in the world. Four escalators (each 55 m long) and a 130m long tunnel tube.
- 5 Rendsburg railway loop (Rendsburger Schleife). A perhaps bizarre consequence of the construction/expansion of the Canal is this railway loop in the middle of famously flat as a pancake Schleswig Holstein. The Kaiser wanted his newest warships to pass through the canal and as such bridges had to achieve a height of 50 meters or more. But as the existing station was not supposed to be moved, some method had to be devised for trains to gain fifty meters of altitude over a relatively short stretch of distance. This loop is - to the delight of railway enthusiasts - the consequence.
- 6 Schiffsbegrüßungsanlage. Built in the 1990s this is one of only two "ship welcoming machines" in Germany. It plays the anthem and does a thing with the flag of the country of the ships that pass.
- 1 Hauptwache, Paradeplatz 1, 24768 Rendsburg, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Brauer`s Aalkate, Schirnauer See 5, 24790 Rade, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 01.05. - 04.10.: daily 11 - 21 / 05.10. - 12.03.: W - Sa 11.30 - 14.00 & 18.00 - 21.00 Su: continuously. a fish place
- 3 Brückenterassen, Am Kreishafen (At the Canal directly next to the Hochbrücke), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. from 9:00. One of their attractions is the "ship welcoming facility" (Schiffsbegrüßungsanlage) that gives information about every passing ship and "greets" it with the national anthem of the flag state. lunch from 7.50€.
- ConventGarten Hotel and Restaurant, Hindenburgstraße 38-42, ☏ .
|Routes through Rendsburg|
|Aalborg ← Flensburg ←||N S||→ Neumünster → Hamburg|