By car, Rockport is on US 1 (which tightly follows the coast) and state highway 17 (which runs from highway 90 in West Rockport westward to Augusta). The closest Interstate (I-95) is forty miles to the west in Augusta.
Camden and Rockport are both Atlantic harbours on West Penobscot Bay, reachable by cruising on small craft.
- Rockport Opera House, 6 Central St. A charming New England opera, is home to Bay Chamber Concerts [formerly dead link].
- Atlantic harbourfront. At Rockport Marine Park
- Centre for Maine Contemporary Art, 162 Russell Ave.
The region is known primarily for fresh lobster.
- The Villa, 47 West St, ☏ . Operated by Lincolnville's Cellar Door Winery as their second location. At the intersection of Routes 90 and 1 in Rockport, tasting room and art gallery.
- [dead link] Seven Mountains Motel, 360 Commercial St, Rockport 04856 (on US 1), ☏ , fax: . 15-room independent motel with refrigerators, A/C, wi-fi, outdoor pool. Additional charge for pets. Open seasonally April-Nov. $90/night.
- Camden - Home to Camden State Park and Mt. Battie.
|Routes through Rockport|
|Ellsworth ← Camden ←||N S||→ Rockland → Brunswick|
|Augusta ← Union ←||W E||→ Rockland → Ends at|