Rosemont is a city in Cook County in the state of Illinois, just outside of Chicago. It does enormous business as the primary hotel supplier for O'Hare International Airport, but has a couple of the region's best-known concert venues as well.
The CTA Blue Line has a stop in Rosemont, on River Road between I-190 and I-90 right before O'Hare. And Metra's North Central Line stops at Rosemont Station on Balmoral Avenue just west of I-294, with service between Chicago and Antioch.
PACE buses serve the area, and hotels can be expected to run shuttles to the airport. For anything else, though, you'll likely want to have a car.
- Donald E. Stephens Museum of Hummels, 555 N. River Rd.. Self-proclaimed as having the world's largest public display of M.I. Hummel figurines in the world. You know, those little cherub-faced ceramic figures.
- Chicago Wolves, 6920 N. Mannheim Rd.. This minor league hockey team plays at the Allstate Arena. The season runs October-April.
- Rosemont Waterfall, At the northeast corner of Higgins and River Road. A favorite local setting for wedding pictures, the waterfall harmonizes with the surrounding Forest Preserve along the Des Plaines River Valley
- 1 Allstate Arena (Rosemont Horizon), 6920 N. Mannheim Rd.. A 19,000 seat arena that holds major music concerts as well as events such as circuses and rodeos.
- 2 Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Rd.. This enormous complex hosts a variety of conferences and events, including Chicago Comic Con, ACen, and even local high school proms.
- 3 Rosemont Theatre, 5400 North River Rd. A 4,300 seat theater for stars including Jerry Seinfeld and Kelly Clarkson.
- Polish National Catholic Cemetery, 9200 West Higgins Rd.. A quaint cemetery set along the Des Plaines River, it possesses a charming array of old monuments and markers. It is also the only Chicagoland cemetery with its own picnic area, preserving the old world custom of picnicking at the graves of deceased loved ones.
- AMC Rosemont 18, 9701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.. This huge movie theater, over 100,000 square feet, is more than just a theater. For those 21 and up, the VIP Theatre has free popcorn, bigger seats, and cocktails. There's a full-service restaurant on site (you can eat while watching a movie), a playroom, and child care for kids age 3-10.
- iFly, 5520 Park Place. Indoor skydiving
- Midwest FurFest. The second-largest furry convention in the world, held in Illinois since 2000, and in Rosemont since 2010. Over 5,000 people attend each year, many of them costumed mascots and fursuiters. The event is held in November or December each year; admission is charged.
- Anime Central. One of the largest anime conventions in the USA (and definitely largest in the state), ACen books all five hotels out near the Hyatt Regency during the second or third weekend in May. Admission is $60+ for the whole weekend.
- 1 Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, ☏ . Monday-Saturday: 10 am-9 pm, Sunday: 10 am-7 pm. Over 130 stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Bloomingdale's The Outlet Store, and Neiman Marcus Last Call.
The best options to eat would be at the Parkway Bank Park, 5445 Park Place. There are several bars and restaurants, including:
- Sugar Factory, ☏ . M-Th 4PM-1AM, F 4PM-4AM, Sa 10AM-4AM, Su 10AM-2AM. Best known for their fishbowl cocktails (best split amongst several people). Outside of that, they have down home faves like chicken and waffles and more typical tastes, like flatbreads and burgers. Food starts around $15, drinks will set you back $15-$40.
- Fogo De Chão, ☏ . see website as hours vary. Brazilian all-you-can-eat steakhouse. Consider this a 'splurge', as you'll easily pay $50+ for your meal.
- Four Roses Pub. A traditional Irish-style pub. Prices mid-range.
- Hofbrauhaus, 5500 Park Place. A German-style restaurant with no shortage of traditional food. Also brews their own beer.
Outside of the park, you can still find other food:
- Ram Restaurant, 9520 W Higgins Rd. Burgers and beer.
- Gene and Georgetti, 9421 W Higgins Rd. Italian place with a upscale, private club feel.
- Gino's East, 9501 W Devon Ave. One of the top three deep-dish pizza places, better known for their buttery crust.
- Giordano's, 9415 W Higgins Rd. Another of the top three deep-dish pizza places.
Each 'upscale' hotel in Rosemont includes a hotel bar (and in the Hyatt Regency, a semi-Starbucks), but these can be pricy.
You can also drink and eat at the Rivers Casino's buffets. Its creation and build created much controversy only a few years ago.
There are quite a lot of hotels in Rosemont:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare - Rosemont, 10233 West Higgins Rd, ☏ . One mile from the airport, this hotel has won the Torch Bearer award for excellent customer service and quality two years in a row. Rooms from $95.
- Aloft Chicago O'Hare, 9700 Balmoral Ave, ☏ . Newer budget-minded imprint of the W. Styled to be young and trendy, the hotel actually offers a ton of the same great amenities of the pricier Marriott properties. Swanky bar, cool design, and great entertainment set-up in each room. Rooms from $89.
- Best Western At O'Hare, 10300 W Higgins Rd, ☏ . The rooms are a little dingy and the internet was spotty at last check, but it's not bad. Has a sports bar and a diner on-site. Rooms from $130.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Rosemont, 5500 N River Rd, ☏ . About one mile from the airport. Rooms as low as $119, but reservations can be difficult to get.
- 1 Hyatt Regency O'Hare, 9300 W Bryn Mawr Ave, ☏ . Contemporary facility with newly renovated guest rooms and meeting space. Rooms from $159.
- Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare, 7101 Chestnut St, ☏ . Home-y hotel with separate kitchens. Rooms from $149.
- Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, 8500 W Bryn Mawr Ave, ☏ . Indoor swimming pool. Free 24-hour shuttle service to O'Hare Airport, located by the L stop. Rooms from $179.
- Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, 6155 N River Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Just five minutes from the airport. Rooms from $269.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5440 N River Rd, ☏ . Giant hotel about 1.5 miles from the airport, with copious meeting space. Rooms from $188.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, 5460 N River Rd, ☏ . About five minutes from the airport. Rooms from $239.
- Sheraton Suites Chicago O'Hare, 6501 N Mannheim Rd, ☏ . Close to O'Hare and the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. Rooms from $239.
- The Westin O'Hare, 6100 N River Rd, ☏ . More than 500 pretty rooms with a long list of amenities. Rooms from $199.
|Routes through Rosemont|
|Rockford ← Des Plaines ←||W E||→ Chicago → Gary|
|Milwaukee ← Park Ridge ←||N S||→ Schiller Park → Gary|
|Lake Geneva/Milwaukee ← Des Plaines ←||W S||→ Schiller Park → Chicago/Tinley Park|
|END ← O'Hare International Airport ←||NW SE||→ Far Northwest Side, Chicago → The Loop, Chicago|
|Antioch ← O'Hare International Airport ←||NW SE||→ Schiller Park → Chicago|