Ross-on-Wye (Welsh: Rhosan ar Wy) is a small market town (population 10,000), located on the river Wye in the English county of Herefordshire. The town is also part of the Wye Valley (Welsh: Dyffryn Gwy), an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and the Forest of Dean.
Ross-on-Wye is probably best known as a vibrant centre for the English antique trade, hosting a twice-weekly antique market and featuring a number of antique stores in the town. Each year, the town also plays host to the increasingly prominent Ross-on-Wye International Festival, attracting many big names in entertainment.
- 1 Parish Church of St Mary's, Church St, HR9 5HN, ☏ . usually open during daylight hours, services Sun 8:00, 9:30, Thu 10:00. Built between 1280 and 1316 with a prominent spire visible for miles around. There is a children's guide to hunt for images of Hedgehogs (a symbol of Ross-on-Wye) in the church.
- 2 Goodrich Castle, Castle Ln, Goodrich, HR9 6HY (6 miles south-west of Ross-on-Wye), ☏ . adults £6.20, children £3.70, concessions £5.60.
- 1 The Phoenix Theatre, Palace Pound, Saint Mary's St, HR9 5HT, ☏ . A small 63-seat amateur theatre. Hosts the occasional film too.
- 2 Bandstand Concerts, Caroline Symonds Gardens, Wye St.. Sun in July & August. Outdoor summer concerts, in a bandstand which opened in 2005.
- 1 Yaks n Yetis, 1 Brookend St, HR9 7EG, ☏ . Nepalese restaurant
- 2 Zam Zam Café, 23 High St, HR9 5BZ, ☏ .
- 3 Burger Star, 34A Gloucester Rd, HR9 5BS, ☏ . Small burger chain-restaurant.
- 4 Seven Seas Fish Bar, 22 Broad St, HR9 7EA, ☏ . M-Sa: 11AM-10PM, Su: 3PM-10PM. Best Chippie in town
- 1 The Hope and Anchor Inn, Wye Street, HR9 7BU, ☏ .
- 2 The Crown & Sceptre, 6 Market Place, HR9 5NX, ☏ . M-F: 10PM-Late, Sa-Su: 11PM-Late.
- 3 The Mail Rooms, Gloucester Road, HR9 5BS, ☏ . Sun-Thu: 8AM-Midnight, Fri-Sat: 8AM-1AM. Formerly the town's post office, now a Wetherspoon pub.
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, Wye Street, HR9 7BU, ☏ . £50-£80 per night.
- 1 Wilton Court Hotel and Restaurant, Wilton Lane, Wilton, HR9 6AQ, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This hotel is situated on the banks of the River Wye. There are 10 bedrooms. £120 - £185 per night.
|Routes through Ross-on-Wye|
|merges with ←||SW NE||→ Tewkesbury → Birmingham|
|Cardiff ← Monmouth ←||SW E||→ Gloucester → Cheltenham|
|Leominster ← Hereford ←||NW SE||→ END|
|Worcester ← Ledbury ←||N S||→ merges with|