Leominster is a market town, influenced by its proximity to the Welsh border. It is located at the confluence of the River Lugg and its tributary the River Kenwater, approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of the city of Hereford and approx 7 miles south of the Shropshire border, 11 miles from Ludlow in Shropshire. With a population of approximately 11,700 people, Leominster is the largest of the five towns (Leominster, Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury, Bromyard and Kington) in the county surrounding the City of Hereford.
- 1 tph heading northbound calling at Ludlow → Craven Arms → Church Stretton → Shrewsbury → Crewe → Wilmslow → Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly.
- Additionally some trains stop at Whitchurch and Nantwich as well.
- 1 tph heading southbound calling at Hereford → Abergavenny → Cwmbran → Newport → Cardiff Central → Bridgend → Port Talbot Parkway → Neath → Swansea → Llanelli → Pembrey → Burry Port → Carmarthen.
- 1 Mortimer's Cross Water Mill, Mortimers Cross, HR6 9PE (6 miles north west of Leominster), ☎ . adults £5.00, children £3.00, concessions £4.00.
- 2 Leominster Museum (Leominster Folk Museum), Etnam Street, HR6 8AL. Interesting museum of the local area, with a gallery dedicated to Leominster-born artist John Scarlett Davis. Free.
- 3 Grange Court, Pinsley Road, HR6 8NL, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Former market hall, built in 1633, and moved to its present location in 1859. Free.
- 4 Croft Castle and Parkland, Yarpole, HR6 9PW (About 8 miles north of Leominster), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 5 Berrington Hall, HR6 0DW, ☎ . A neo-classical hall and former home of the Cawley family with an extensive garden and parkland which was the last project designed by Lancelot "Capability" Brown. Now looked after by the National Trust. Has a cafe, gift shop and second-hand bookshop.
- 6 Hampton Court Castle, Hope under Dinmore, HR6 0PN.
- Milano Ristorante Italiano, 10 High St, HR6 8LZ, ☎ . 11AM-midnight.
|Routes through Leominster|
|Rhahayder ← Kington ←||W E||→ Bromyard → Worcester|
|Shrewsbury ← Ludlow ←||N S||→ Hereford → Ross-on-Wye|