Jump to navigation Jump to search
Salem is a small city in Southern Illinois, and the county seat of the rural Marion county.
I57 passes through Salem, going north and south.
- 1 William Jennings Bryan Birthplace Museum (William Jennings Bryan Boyhood Home), 408 S Broadway, ☏ . No regular hours. Visits must be arranged in advance. A museum and preserved home of William Jennings Bryan, a prominent politician in the late 1890's and early 1900's.
- 2 Badollet House. A historic Italianate house.
- 3 Charles and Naomi Bachmann House. A small historic house.
- 4 Marion County Courthouse. A small but well designed courthouse building.
A number of chain restaurants are located by the I57 exit.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 102 Holiday Ln, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Includes breakfast and Wi-Fi. ~$100.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 1800 W Main St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Includes breakfast, Wi-Fi and heated indoor pool. ~$70.
|Routes through Salem|
|Urbana ← Effingham ←||N S||→ Mount Vernon → Marion|
|St. Louis ← Sandoval ←||W E||→ Vincennes → Seymour|