North America > United States of America > Midwest > Michigan > Southeast Michigan > Washtenaw County > Saline (Michigan)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bixby Marionette Exhibit, Saline District Library, 55 N Maple Saline, ☏ . Collection of handcrafted marionettes from longtime Saline resident Meredith Bixby, who traveled throughout the Midwest and South putting on over 20,000 performances for over 40 years.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Rentschler Farm, 1265 E Michigan Avenue, ☏ . Open 11AM-3PM on Saturdays, and by appointment, between mid-May to mid-October. A frame house and 11 outbuildings from 1901, used as a working farm until 1998. Tours of the farmhouse and outbuildings, live animals on the farmstead.
- [formerly dead link] Saline Depot Museum, 402 N Ann Arbor Street, ☏ . Open 11AM-3PM on Saturdays, and by appointment. Original 1870 railroad depot, converted into a museum in 1995.
- Weber-Blaess School, 520 Woodland Drive, ☏ . One-room schoolhouse built in 1867 in Lodi Township. It was moved to Saline in 2002, renovated, and opened in 2004 for meetings and elementary school outings.
- Take two self-guided walking tours of historic Saline. Leaflets are available at the Saline City Hall, 100 N Harris Street, +1 734 429-4907.
- Main Street, Saline. Free music on Summer Thursdays, 7-9PM on Main Street and Rt 12. Free.
- [formerly dead link] Spring Time, ☏ . Rentschler Farm Museum. Held the first Saturday in May that the farm museum opens to the public, from 11AM to 4PM. Guided tours, petting farm, antique phonograph exhibit, basket weaving, beekeeping, spinning and weaving, gardening, blacksmithing, tractor restoration, barn repairs and children's activities. $1 admission for adults; children free.
- Saline Celtic Festival, ☏ . Mill Pond Park. Held the second Saturday in July. Established in 1996, inspired by Saline's sister-city partnership with Brecon, Wales. Features Highland athletics (stone, hammer and caber throws), bagpipe and drum bands, music and dance performances, living history enactments, Highland cattle and sheepdog demonstrations, merchant booths, food vendors (including Welsh cakes, Irish shortbread and Michigan pasties) and children's activities. The week of the Celtic Festival is marked by golf tournaments, rugby matches, and music and dance workshops. Shuttle buses are available to the fair, with park-and-ride lots around Saline. Admission $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
- Spring Fest, ☏ . Saline Recreation Center. Held the first Saturday in April. Egg scavenger hunt, lunch with the Easter Bunny, and an egg dive in the swimming pools. Admission $5 in advance, $10 at the door.
- Brecon Grille, 101 W Michigan Avenue, ☏ . Bar and grille featuring soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, steaks and Celtic fare. Broad selection of wines, beers and ales. Fried pickles were excellent.
- Jasmine Thai & China Bistro, 447 E Michigan Avenue, ☏ . Family-run Thai and Chinese restaurant. Try the basil shrimp and choo chee catfish.
- Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack, 102 E Michigan Avenue, ☏ . M-F 11:30AM-10PM, Sa noon-11PM, Su 4-8:30PM. Emphasis on seafood (including alligator, crawfish and catfish) and Cajun cuisine, with appetizers, soups, salads, seafood, Cajun specialties, beef, chicken and pasta. $8.50-30.
- My Favorite Cafe, 101 S Ann Arbor Street #107, +1 734 944-4054. Coffee, tea, pastries, salads and sandwiches.
- Pasties & More, 131 E Michigan Avenue, ☏ . Offers traditional beef, chicken and vegetarian Michigan-style pasties.
- Bridgewater Bank Tavern, 8452 Boettner Road, ☏ . Pub food and sandwiches.
- Dan's Downtown Tavern, 103 E Michigan Avenue, ☏ . Over 90 varieties of beer, and daily specials. Live music, darts, video games, and Friday-night karaoke.
Bed and Breakfasts
- [dead link] Homestead Bed and Breakfast, 9279 Macon Road, ☏ . 5 rooms, shared baths. An 1851 brick homestead, the oldest bed-and-breakfast in Washtenaw County, on a 50-acre farm. $80.
- Ann Arbor is about 10 minutes north on Ann Arbor Rd.
- The other towns and villages of Washtenaw County are a short drive away.
- Detroit is about 45 minutes east on I-94.
|Routes through Saline|
|Coldwater ← Jct N S ← Clinton ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Ypsilanti → Detroit|