Sarsai Nawar is a city in Uttar Pradesh.
Sarsai has the typical North Indian climate of harsh summers (up to 46 °C) and cold winters (low of 0 °C). Rainy season is short, from July to then end of August.
The 1 Etawah railway station
It lies on NH-234 highway.
- 2 Sarsai City Bus Stand.
- 3 Etawah Airport (ETW IATA). Service is seasonal. The city is served by Air India Regional, which flies on the Delhi-Etawah-Agra tourist triangle route. The flight time to either is less than an hour. Hiring a car may be a cheaper alternative.
- 1 Sarsai Nawar Wetland (metro gauge trains from Etawah Junction Railway Station). Bird sanctuary, notable for the presence of the Sarus Crane. Beware of monkeys stealing food in the main office of the park. ₹40 for foreigners, ₹5 for other adults, ₹2 for children under 12 years; still cameras are allowed for ₹25..
- Hajari Mahadev Temple.
Window shop and sip coffee.
Explore the huge fresh fish market, and enjoy fresh sashimi afterwards.
Enjoy the nightlife.
Go hiking in the mountains surrounding the city.
- 1 Joney's place, Rathore Town. Perfect for early breakfast, when you want to wake up early to visit the Hajari Mahadev Temple at 6AM. ₹10 Toast, ₹10 coffee, ₹15 cornflakes.
- 2 Kaushal Halwai, Main Road Sarsai. Roof top restaurant with view of the Bird Sanctuary. Beer available. ₹70 for a vegetable curry.
There are plenty of places to buy alcohol around the city. Sarsai Nawar has many bars, which are frequented by the youngsters as well as its older residents.
- Royal's tag (Mall Park Circus)
Here are the emergency contact numbers:
- Police - 112
- Fire Department - 101
- Ambulance - 102, or dial the nearest local hospital
- Women`s Helpline - 1091