Scopello is a city in Trapani Province.
Scopello is a small and characteristic maritime village in Trapani Province and is a hamlet of Castellammare del Golfo. The surrounding area contains pretty little farms and the Nature Reserve dello Zingaro is at a few kilometres. Its inhabitants, like most Sicilian people, are very friendly and love good cuisine. The best specialities are based on fish.
Five daily buses leaving from Castellammare del Golfo bus station which can be reached from Trapani or Scopello.
- Palermo Punta Raisi “Falcone e Borsellino” airport at about 60 Km. Phone +39 091 591414,+39 091 591400
- Trapani Birgi “Vincenzo Florio” airport at about 50 km. Phone +39 0923 841130, +39 0923 842502
- Palermo-Mazara del Vallo (A29) Motorway: junction for Castellammare del Golfo
- S.S. 187 (National Road) both from Palermo and Trapani.
- (Napoli,Civitavecchia,Livorno,Genova,Tunisi), ☎ . 08:00-21:00.
- Linea Tirrenia (Cagliari-Trapani), ☎ .
- Linea Grimaldi (Tunisi-Trapani), ☎ .
- Linea Ustica Lines (Livorno-Trapani), ☎ .
- Siremar (Isole Egadi e Pantelleria), ☎ .
- Traghetti delle Isole, via Ammiraglio Staiti, 23, ☎ .
- Ustica Lines (Aliscafo per Isole Egadi, Pantelleria, Ustica e Napoli), ☎ .
- Stazione marittima, Palermo, ☎ .
From Palermo Railway Station (Stazione Centrale) you get the train for Trapani, as far as Castellammare del Golfo station, at about 3 km from the town centre; you can go to Scopello by a bus or taxi from there. Linea Palermo- Trapani. Ferrovie dello Stato(Italian Railways service): Call Center 892021, Castellammare station +39 0924 597240
- AST (Azienda Siciliana Trasporti), via Virgilio, 20 - Trapani, ☎ , fax: .
- Autoservizi Lumia, ☎ . Agrigento-Trapani.
- Autoservizi Salemi, Via Salemi, 97 - Marsala, ☎ . Roma-Trapani.
- Autoservizi Russo S.r.l., Corso Garibaldi, 210 - Castellammare del Golfo, ☎ , fax: . Palermo-Castellammare-Scopello.
- Segesta autolinee, Via Libertà, 171 - Palermo, ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Palermo-Trapani.
- Segesta autolinee, Via Libertà, 171 - Palermo, ☎ , , e-mail: email@example.com. Roma-Trapani.
- Tarantola bus, Via Marina Petrolo, 16 - Castellammare del Golfo, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you arrive through the A29 Motorway Palermo-Mazara del Vallo, you must go out at the junction of Castellammare del Golfo and then enter the National Road(S.S.) 187 towards Trapani. After 5 kilometres you must enter the junction for Scopello. Soon after Guidaloca you cross two small bridges and go on the road, after you pass the bends, turn right for the straight stretch leading to Scopello and to the Nature Reserve. If you are there to explore the park and town, both are easily seen on foot. There is a car rental place as you enter the town. Although it is not possible to rent bikes in Scopello, if you had your own that would be a perfect way to see the area
- 1 Museo naturalistico Zingaro (Inside the Nature Reserve near the entrance from Scopello).
- 2 Riserva Naturale Zingaro, fax: . The Reserve stretches for about hectares, with several kilometres of uncontaminated beach.There are many mountain trails and little coves to explore. Inside it there are the naturalistic Museum, the Museum of Seafaring Activities and the Museum of the Rural Civilization (where you can see the whole cycle of wheat). There are also the Centre for Environment Education, two equipped areas and two country houses arranged for bivouac. 3€.
- Grotta di Santa Margherita. On an overhanging face at 15 metres above sea level. There are several pictures dating back to the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries: a Madonna with Child, a female saint surrounded by angels and, on the opposite side, a Crucifixion with other figures.
- Grotta della Ficarella. It is an underwater cave in the Reserve lo Zingaro. The entrance is at the depth of 14 metres.
- Grotta dell'Eremita (grotta del cavallo, the horse's cave). Located on Mount Inici, it stretches for about 3 miles and has got a difference in level of 310 metres.
- Abisso dei Cocci. It stretches for 2,000 metres and a difference in level of 420 metres.
- 3 Baglio Isonzo. Near the main square (Piazza Nettuno), you will find the famous baglio of the 18th century: an Arab building surrounded by small houses, a little square and a watering hole made with stone.
- 4 La tonnara. Located in an area of the beach, it was built in the 13th century, restored in the 18th and abandoned in 1981.
- 5 Torre Bennistra. Torre Bennistra, from which you can see all the valley, dates back to the 16th century, and is a defenfive tower belonging to the system of the beac towers of Sicily.
Events and festivals
- Sagra del Pane Cunzatu (Pani Cunzato Fest), Scopello. In the first decade of September. Food tasting, music and traditions.
- Presepe vivente (the Living Creche), Balata di Baida. end of December-6th January.
- 1 Cetaria Diving Center, Via Marco Polo 3, fax: .
- 2 Minigolf Green Garden, Contrada Piano Vignazze.
- 3 Terme Gorga (Swimming pool, aerosol therapy, fitness centre), Contrada Gorga Calatafimi Segesta (near the railway station of Alcamo Diramazione), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Its sulphuric thermal waters are used to treat respiratory,rheumatic and skin diseases.
- 4 Terme Segestane (near Strada Statale 133, a National Road, between Alcamo and Calatafimi Segesta), ☎ . Piscina, fanghi, aereosol.
Handmade ceramics in the gift shop located by the town fountain sold by a very friendly man named Dino, across the street his brother sells honey, fruits and olive oil from his farm. There is a grocery store in town that is open during the summer, and 1.5km east of Scopello there is a market open all year round.
- 1 La Trattoria, Via Finanziere Manzella, ☎ . Very good appetisers(also fish, the busiata al pesto, prawns and tuna; the fish is fresh and the traditional dishes are very nice.
- 2 Panificio Anselmo, via Galluppi,5. You will find the characteristic "Pane Cunzato", that is hot bread with tomato, cheese, anchovies, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arancinos and sfincione are very good too. 2,50/10€.
- 3 Ristorante pizzeria Fuego, Via Finanzierè Vincenzo Mazzarella. open from 21st March to the end of September. Very good cuisine with specialities of seafood; you can taste typical Sicilian dishes as the sardins in agrodolce, caponata, sardins a beccafico, dried tomatoes, pasta with fennels and sardines, pasta al pesto alla trapanese, grilled meat and fish and many other specialities. Car-park free. In summer there are live music and karaoke. 15/20€.
- Sottovento, Via V. Mazzarella, ☎ , . A restaurant with a beautiful view on the Reserve lo Zingaro. You can also find very good pizzas here. 10/15€ pizza a person.
- Trattoria del mare, Via Diaz. Very good tuna-fish and sword-fish. Nice first and second courses. Ok the relation price/quality. 25/40€.
- 4 Belvedere, contrada Belvedere (Castellammare del Golfo), ☎ . Restaurant, banqueting.
- 5 Cacio&Cavalli, Contrada Gagliardetta, ☎ . Cacio & Cavalli is the ideal place for people wishing a holiday in the middle of nature. Its characteristic environment will give you the possibility to spend a day full of relax. You will also have a range of typical products to taste.
- 6 Il Baglio, Baglio Isonzo, ☎ , . The restaurant, located inside the baglio, serves typical sicilian dishes, with a rich menu based on fish or meat, and a good variety of hours d'ouvre. Pizzas are cooked in a wood oven. You will spend a pleasant evening and taste a very good pizza.
- 7 Il Mulino di Scopello, Contrada Scopello 7, ☎ , . his establishment has two entrances: the first adjoining the outdoors Church of the hamlet, and the second one from the car park of Scopello’s stacks. You can have specialities, such as pasta with wild fennel and sardines; other fish dishes such as grouper, greater amberjack, swordfish, fresh tuna, prawns, couscous with fish; and various meat specialities.
- 8 La Tavernetta, via A. Diaz 3, ☎ . This is a family-run restaurant that serves Sicilian cuisine. The "busiate alla trapanese" are very good. 30/50€.
- 9 La Terrazza, Via Marco Polo,5, ☎ .
- Bora Bora Bay, Contrada Guidaloca Ciauli, ☎ . Bar and club.
- 1 Nettuno, Baglio Isonzo, 13, ☎ . Restaurant and pub. Very good sandwiches, salads, typical Sicilian rotisserie, good evening appetizers. Outdoor tables. 7/15€.
- 1 Agricampeggio Scopello, via Finanziere Vincenzo Mazzarella, ☎ , , (from April to September), fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Camping
- 2 Antica Cascina del golfo, Frazione scopello, 101, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 3 B&B Talìa, via San Michele 22, ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The rooms have air conditioning, TV, WiFi, private bathroom with a shower or bath, bidet and a courtesy set. Pets are admitted. 62€.
- 4 Casa Vacanze Villa Paradiso, Contrada Piano Vignazze, 91 (~3 km from the Reserve lo Zingaro, on the road leading to Scopello), ☎ (Francesca), e-mail: email@example.com. The building, with two floors, has three flats, parking and a large garden. You will have at your disposal Wi-fi,Tv, fridge, air conditioning, central heating, safe and phone. You can also rent the rooms separately. 65€.
- Le Grotte, Via Finanziere Mazzarella 9, ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. B&B and vacation rental hous. Has a large private car-park, rooms with air conditioning and private bath. There is a beautiful garden with a panoramic view on the whole gulf, with comfortable sundecks. breakfast is served on the veranda or in the room. 50/60€.
- Residence I Faraglioni, Via Piano Vignazze 93, (200 metres from the sea, 2 km from Nature Reserve lo Zingaro), ☎ , (Cenzio), (Claudio), fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. This residence has a private garden and a swimming pool with hydromassage, free Wifi connection, air conditioning and TV. All the flats face the garden or the pool and include a separate bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room. 60€.
- 5 The Best Bed & Breakfast, Contrada Scopello, 101, ☎ , , , . On a hill about 300 metres from Scopello and 1 kilometre from the stacks. The rooms have private bathroom, air conditioning, fridge and Tv/sat.
- 6 Agriturismo Tenute Plaia, contrada Scopello, 3, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00-20:00, check-out: 08:00-10:30. Agriturismo Tenute Plaia is just outside Scopello and near the Nature Reserve lo Zingaro. With a view on the sea, the building is at about 1 km from the famous stacks and gives free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, TV, minibar, private bathroom and phone, car park, a bath with hydromassage and a solarium. you can also taste Sicilian traditional dishes and very good local wines. 104€.
- 7 Antica Cascina del golfo, Frazione scopello, 101, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 80€.
- 8 Baglio Scopello, Via Bosco Di Scopello 1 (Frazione di Scopello), ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The building is very recent, it is located inside a vast green area and near the sea. There are all types of comforts; the rooms are large and comfortable, the breakfast very rich. 69€.
- 9 [dead link]Baglio Zingaro, Via Bosco di Scopello, 7, ☎ , , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. The building is situated near the old hamlet of Scopello, with a magnificent view on the Gulf, from the Reserve lo Zingaro as far as Punta Raisi. The rooms are comfortable and bright, a lot of them have got a balcony with a view on the sea. 66€.
- Casale La Macina, Contrada ciavoli, 36, ☎ (prenotazioni), (reception). Check-in: 14:00-24:00, check-out: 07:30-10:30. It is about 3 hectares large; the Casale (a farmhouse) has an open-air swimming-pool among the olive trees, a car-park,a playground for children and a bar. The rooms have WiFi, TV, minibar and a bathroomwith a phon and a courtesy set. Some rooms have a terrace or a balcony; breakfast is included in the price and served with a buffet. You can also rent a car or a bike. 79€.
- 10 Hotel Grotticelli, Contrada Grotticelli, Scopello, ☎ , , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. At a few kilometres from Castellammare Del Golfo, it has got a swimming pool, free car-parking and Wifi. The rooms have conditioned air, TV, fridge, private bath with hair-drier. You will find also a garden with sundecks and beach umbrellas. At the restaurant you can have typivcal food (meat or fish). 60/80€.
- 11 Hotel Torre Bennistra, via Natale di Roma,19 Scopello, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. It is situated at Scopello, famous for its clear and transparent sea, the mildness of the climate and the beautiful landscapes from Terrasini as far as San Vito lo Capo. There are 21 rooms in this hotel, furnished in a simple way. They have conditioned air, Tv, minibar, telephone, Wifi and safety box. The restaurant offers local dishes with unique tastes.The hotel is also equipped to host disabled people. 65/80€.
- Le Palme B&B, Contrada Castellaccio, 4 (between Castellammare and the Reserve lo Zingaro), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can admire the landscape from the bay of Guidaloca,Tonnara of Scopello, lo Zingaro as far as San Vito. It is located at about 7 kilometres from the Reserve lo Zingaro, at 4 from Castellammare del Golfo,and 20 from Segesta;
- 12 Pensione Tranchina, Via A. Diaz, 7 Scopello, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The rooms, recently restored, have got: private bathroom, conditioned air, telephone, hair-drier,mini fridge; some of the have a view on the sea. At breakfast you can choose a sweet or a salted menu. They serve only dinner, so people are free. Its ideal position allows you to reach the near coasts:Castellammare, Scopello, the Reserve lo Zingaro, San Vito etc., or visit interesting places as Segesta, Selinunte, Erice, Mozia, Palermo, Monreale. Half board is compulsory from 15th July until 15th September. 36/48€ a person, half board 55/75€.
- 13 Villa Bellavista (Casa Vacanze), Scopello, ☎ . With its location at only one kilometre from Scopello, the villa has some flats among a park with all comforts: a garden-terrace with a sea view on the stacks and the Gulf of Castellammare, an area for reading and relax, wi-fi internet, swimming-pool and solarium, Free car-park, safe,phon, kitchen, Tv, Wifi. You can also book a short stay. No animals admitted.
You can see Post offices an Internet points on the page of Castellammare del Golfo
You can look for these services at the page of Castellammare del Golfo.