Scottsbluff is a town in the Panhandle region of Nebraska, USA. The geological structure that gives the town its name was an important waypoint on the Oregon Trail and is preserved today as a national monument. The town of Gering is 1½ miles (2 km) south.
- 1 Western Nebraska Regional Airport (BFF IATA). has nonstop service on Great Lakes Airlines to Denver, Alliance, and Chadron.
The town is located along US 26, one of the major routes across the Nebraska Panhandle.
You may also get in by traveling I-80 to exit 22, and then follow Highway 71 up to the area
By shuttle bus
The Denver Coach stops at Scottsbluff daily.
Scottsbluff is a small city that has very easy roads to work with. Avoid Avenue I during the 5PM rush hour.
- 1 Scotts Bluff National Monument, 190276 Old Oregon Trail (Follow NE-71 to the Old NE-92 exit, turn right, go through Gering. Take the Old Highway 92 west into the monument), ☏ . Park open sunrise to sunset, Visitor center open 8AM-5PM. Located to the southwest of Scottsbluff over the North Platte River, this historical founding site offers breathtaking views. Free admission.
- 2 Midwest Theater, 1707 Broadway, ☏ . Hours depend on show. The downtown legend with stylish shows all year 'round. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Price depends on show.
- 1 Westmoor Pool (in Westmoor Park), 1936 Ave I, ☏ . Hours Unknown. Close to the Riverside Zoo.
- 2 Riverside Zoo, 1600 South Beltline (NE-79H), ☏ . 10A-4P everyday. Lions to cats, and everything in between! The riverside zoo also has a splash pool in summer. The only zoo within a 150 mi (240 km) radius.
- 1 Monument Mall (Indoor Shopping Mall), 2302 Frontage Road, Suite 5 (More off of US 26. For access, turn onto East 27th Street, and turn onto the Frontage Road.). Small mall anchored by Hobby Lobby, Herberger's, and American Cineplex Chain #6.
- 1 Rosita's Spanish Restraunt, 1205 E. Overland Dr, ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-10PM, closed major holidays. "Tex-Mex" restaurant with quesadillas, chips, salsa, and American drinks.
- Flyover Brewing Company, 1824 Broadway, ☏ .
- 1 Comfort Inn Scottsbluff, 1902 21st Avenue, ☏ . Simple duplex that has free breakfast, indoor pool, with a car rental just behind the hotel. Lodging place is wheelchair accessible. $97-101.
- 2 Days Inn Scottsbluff, 1901 21st Ave, ☏ . A nice duplex hotel with on-site bar. $78.
- 1 Agate Fossil Beds National Monument, 301 River Road, Harrison, ☏ , fax: . Daily dawn until dusk; Visitor Center: Memorial Day-Labor Day - Daily 8AM-6PM; Off Season - Daily 8AM-4PM; Closed Christmas, New Years, and Thanksgiving. Fossils of ancient mammals, Native American history, hiking. There is no camping at the monument, so if you're visiting there, seek lodging in Scottsbluff. Free.
- Chimney Rock National Historic Site - about 25 mi (40 km) southeast of Scottsbluff off SR 92.
|Routes through Scottsbluff|
|Casper ← Torrington ←||W E||→ Bayard → Ogallala|
|Hot Springs ← Crawford ←||N S||→ Gering → Limon|