Sestri Levante is a city in Liguria.
Get in[edit source]
The closest airport to Sestri Levante is Cristoforo Colombo of Genova, far 60 kilometers. Take the Volabus shuttle to the train station of Genova Brignole; from here, continue with a regional (a 70 minute trip) or intercity train (a 31 minute trip) to Sestri Levante.
Get around[edit source]
Within the Tigullio gulf you can visit also Lavagna, Chiavari, Zoagli, Rapallo, Santa Margherita and Portofino. Thirty km south you can visit the Cinqueterre, 5 small towns built on the rocks on the sea. The best way to reach there is by train from Sestri Levante.
The Galleria Rizzi houses a precious collection of paintings of the Genovese school (from the 15th to the 18th century). The Convento dei Cappuccini is in an extraordinary panoramic location, and that of San Nicolò in Isola is truly attractive. There are beautiful slate portals and marvelous villas and historic palazzos such as the Palazzo Negretto Cambiaso and the Palazzo Comunale, and the Villa Gualino and the Villa Balbi.
- 1 Immaculate Conception church and convent of the Capuchin Friars (Chiesa dell'Immacolata e convento dei Frati Cappuccini). 17th-century religious complex with great views of the Bay of Silence (Baia del Silenzio).
- 2 Chiesa di San Nicolò dell'Isola (Church of St. Nicholas Island), Via Penisola. Romanesque church built around 1151, with great charm.
- 3 Galleria Rizzi, Via Cappuccini 8, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Museum located in the Bay of Silence contains a fine collection of paintings of the Genovese school (15th-18th century).
- Osteria Gioitta (Ristorante Osteria Gioitta), Via Nazionale 377, ☎ . 11-23. This wonderful romantic Restaurant is providing you an unique experience with dishes of the local Ligurian culture and international. The main courses are fresh vegetables and meat ones, but you cannot also miss the sweets, all homemade. Small place, it is recommended the reservation. 30.
- Villa Elvira Cooking School. Villa Elvira Cooking School is located near Sestri Levante, a tiny fishing village in the charming Italian Riviera, between Portofino and CinqueTerre.
The Cooking School is a private home with garden, where a staff of certified professional cooks are very glad to share with you their passion, and teach you the secrets of Italian and especially local recipes.
We propose pure food that is local, seasonal and organically grown and promote our region trough cookery courses to preserve our heritage and tradition.
Ligurian cuisine is very simple and natural, a real richness of mediterranean flavours; during our classes you’ll learn recipes that have been developed and handed down over generations.
LOCANDA DEL BORGO Via Aurelia 249 Phone 0185 485229 Fax 010 8900416 website