The easiest way to get to Sherman is by car. Coming from the West or East, taking I84 to Danbury, then taking CT-39 through New Fairfield will bring you to the center of the town. From the New York area, taking I-684 North, then taking 22/37 from Brewster will also take you to the town center. From the North, taking Route 7 South, or taking 22 South, then taking 55/37, will both lead to Sherman.
- Stewart International Airport in Newburgh, NY, with flights going to Philadelphia, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Atlanta, and Detroit. It is about 70 minutes away
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport in New Haven, with a flight going to Philadelphia. It is about 90 minutes away
- LaGuardia Airport in Queens, NYC, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 90 minutes away
- Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 100 minutes away
- JFK Airport in Brooklyn, NYC, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 100 minutes away
- Newark International Airport in Newark, NJ, with dozens of flights going worldwide. It is about 2 hours away
There is no public transportation in Sherman, so walking or driving is the only option.
- As with much of the area, the foliage in fall will be bright reds, oranges, and yellows.
- Sherman Town Park is on the very tip of Candlewood Lake
American Pie & Company, A family style restaurant with typical American dishes; including Burgers, fries, and a selection of desserts.