Jump to navigation Jump to search
Silchar (Bengali: শিলচর Śilcar SHIHL-chawr, Assamese: শিলচৰ Śilcar xihl-sawr) is the largest city city of the Barak Valley region of Assam, India.
Bengali is the main language spoken in Silchar and the rest of the Barak Valley. However, as it is in the state of Assam, Assamese is the state official language that is used in state government offices. In addition, most well-educated locals will also be able to speak Hindi and English.
- 1 Silchar Airport (IXS IATA). Silchar is connected to Kolkata, Guwahati, Agartala and Imphal by air.
Bus service is available from Guwahati, Shillong, Agartala, Imphal, Aizwal.
For trains one have to come to Lumding from Guwahati by BG trains and then MG train to Silchar, it take more or less 12 hours.
- Bhuban Hills.
- Khaspur. The Capital of Old Cachari Kingdom. Beautiful place with the ruins of the fort used by the Cachari Kings.
- Silchar (Polytechnic).
- Tea Gardens, Central Univ. ((20 Km), NIT , Medical College, Airport, Central Road Market Area etc.).
- Abhahan, Premtola. Book Stall
- Ellora Market, Near Ellora Hotel. Foreign Goods
- Vishal Mega Mart, Central Road.
- Borail View Hotel, Park Road (Near Red Cross Society).
- Hasty Tasty, Club Road. Serves good vegetarian food.
- Nahaz, U K D Sarani (Near Women's College), ☏ +91 9435072558. 1PM to 9.30 PM. Specializes in Thai and Chinese fast Food, The most happening place in Silchar
- Riya Palace, Opp Gandhi Bagh (Opp Gandhi Bagh).
- Shahi, Imperial Mall, Club Road (Near Ellora Super Market).
- Hotel Borail View and Riya Palace, Park Road.