North America > United States of America > New England > Connecticut > Connecticut River Valley > SimsburyJump to navigation Jump to search
Simsbury is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut.
- Pinchot Sycamore (Located in a tiny park where CT Rt. 185 crosses the Farmington River in Simsbury.). Connecticut's largest tree and possibly the nation's 3rd largest sycamore tree. Truly amazing to stand next to.
- Simsbury Historical Society. Located in central Simsbury at 800 Hopmeadow Street. The Historical Society consists of multiple buildings, including a colonial schoolhouse, a meeting house and the birthplace of revolutionary war hero Noah Phelps. There is also a small museum and gift shop.
Simsbury is home to 3 state parks. A quick stop to the social services department on Hopmeadow ave can provide a traveler with much information about the town and local activities.
- Abigail's Grille & Wine Bar, 4 Hartford Road, ☏ . Formerly Pettibone’s Tavern built in 1780. Lunch entrees $10-$17, Dinner Entrees $17 - $35.
- Little City Pizza, 926 Hopmeadow Street, ☏ . Classic thin-crust pizza plus a selection of appetizers and salads.
- Joe Pizza, 2 Wilcox Street, ☏ . Brick oven pizza, burgers, Italian food. No web site. Under $10 per entree.
- Metro Bis, 928 Hopmeadow St, ☏ . Lunch 11:30AM - 2:30PM Dinner 5:30 - 9:30PM Mon - Sat. Bistro ranked as one of the top five restaurants in the state for American food according to Zagats. Owner/Chef is known locally and nationally for his cooking classes, appearances on television and radio, as well as his syndicated recipe column. Lunch $7 - $13, Dinner entrees $20 - $33.
- Ana's Kitchen, 712 Hopmeadow St, ☏ . Coffeehouse also serving light "California Cuisine". No website. Food prices $4 - $9.
- [dead link] Iron Frog Tavern, Iron Frog Tavern, ☏ . Sun 9AM-1AM, Mon 4PM-1AM, Tues-Thurs 11:30AM - 1AM, Friday - Saturday 11:30AM - 2AM. Voted best new bar 2010. Also serve Sunday breakfast, classic bar food (including menu that can be ordered until last call), plus selection of dinner entrees.
- [formerly dead link] Simsbury 1820 House, 731 Hopmeadow St., ☏ . Historic Bed & Breakfast, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Pet Friendly. 32 Rooms, including 3 suites. $130 - $150.
- The Simsbury Inn, 397 Hopmeadow St, ☏ . Luxuious, 98 room full service hotel. Hotel is designed in the style of a New England country inn. $170 - $210.
- The Linden House, 288/290 Hopmeadow St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM - 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Restored Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Simsbury's Weatogue section. 5 guest rooms, each with private bath. $140 - $150.
- The Iron Horse Inn, 969 Hopmeadow Street (RT 10), ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Centrally located accommodation catering to the economy traveler. Pet Friendly. $75 - $85.
- Merrywood Bed & Breakfast, 100 Hartford Rd. (Rt. 185), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Located on 5 acres in the woods near Pen Wood State Park. 4 guest rooms, , each with either a queen or king bed and a private bath.
|Routes through Simsbury|
|Torrington/Farmington ← Avon ←||W/S E/N||→ Jct E → Jct W E → Westfield|