The Massachusetts Turnpike[dead link] (U.S. I-90) connects Westfield to the Berkshires to the west and Central Massachusetts and Greater Boston in the east. U.S. Route 20 also runs from east to west and provides access to the "hill towns" of western Hampden County. Use U.S. Route 202 for access to the city from the north or south. If you are coming from Agawam, Massachusetts or Suffield, Connecticut, MA Rte. 187 may be your best bet.
You will probably want to have access to a car.
The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA) has routes all over the Pioneer Valley. Although the system is fairly extensive for such a decentralized area, buses are somewhat infrequent and not all route run nights and weekends, especially outside of the school year (September - May).
- Stanley Park, 400 Western Avenue, ☏ . Seasonal schedule varies. Stanley Park consists of nearly 300 acres of formal gardens, a carillon tower, trails, sports fields and a substantial nature area. Free.
- Grandmother's Garden at Chauncey Allen Park. Smith Avenue, dawn to dusk. Grandmother's Garden is colonial-revival style flower garden located near Westfield's downtown.
- Hampton Pond State Park, U.S. Route 202, +1 413 532-3985. Hampton Pond State Park offers water based recreation activities and picnicking.
- Amelia Park Children's Museum, 29 South Broad Street, ☏ . Th-M 10AM-4PM. Hands-on museum for children. Adults and can older than 12 months $8, seniors $4 (60 and older).
- Canoeing or kayaking on the Westfield River
- Boating on Hampton Pond
- Walking on the nature trail at Stanley Park
- Hiking on Tekoa Mountain
- East Mountain Country Club. Golf
- Golf at Tekoa Country Club or Shaker Farms Country Club
- [dead link] Amelia Park Arena, 21 South Broad Street, ☏ . Ice skating.
- Westfield Colonial Harvest Day (late September)  [dead link]
- Scarecrow Trail Westfield (September/October)  [dead link]
- Westfield Dickens Days (December)  [dead link]
- Snowfire - Winter Solstice (December)  [dead link]
- Westfield WinterGreen Fest (March)  [dead link]
- Vintage Base Ball World Series (July/August) [dead link]
- Annual canoe race on the Westfield River (March/April)
- Westfield Fair (August) 
- Country Court Motel, 480 Southampton Road, ☏ .
- Econo Lodge, 2 Southampton Road, ☏ .
- Elm Motel, 50 Russell Road, ☏ .
Take U.S. Route 202 south into Connecticut.
Take Massachusetts State Route 10 north to Northampton.
|Routes through Westfield|
|Albany ← Lee ← Rest area ←||W E||→ West Springfield → Springfield via|
|Pittsfield ← Chester ← Jct W ←||W E||→ West Springfield → Springfield|
|Torrington ← Simsbury ← Jct E ← Jct W E ←||S N||→ Holyoke → Concord, NH|
|Greenfield ← Northampton ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct E → Simsbury → Farmington|