North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Berkshires > Lee (Massachusetts)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lee is at Exit 2 of Interstate 90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike, a toll road). Downtown is about 1 mile west on Route 20.
- October Mountain State Forest, ☏ . Woodland Road. This is the largest state forest in Massachusetts at 16,500 acres. Trails for every level of experience are available, including the Appalachian Trail and a trail through Schermerhorn Gorge, a noted geological feature. There are also many great trails for ATV's. The Forest also has 46 campsites on a sunny hill. Snowmobiling and car-top boating is available.
- [dead link] Glass Bottom Brewery, 480 Pleasant St, Lee, MA 01238, ☏ . Eclectic brewery located in the bowls of a slightly sketchy industrial complex. Unique styles like the teaSB, a beer made with parsnips, and a beer brewed with herbs for cheese pairing. One of the owners grows hops for the brewery.
- Best Western Black Swan Inn, 435 Laurel Street, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
Bed and Breakfasts
- Applegate Inn Bed and Breakfast of the Berkshires, 279 West Park Street, ☏ .
- October Mountain State Forest, ☏ . Woodland Road. Mid May to mid October. Reservations suggested. Forty six campsites on 3 tiers. RV maximum length 34 ft, no electric hookups.
Check out Springfield, home of basketball.
|Routes through Lee|
|Albany ← West Stockbridge ← Rest area ←||W E||→ Rest area → Westfield → Springfield|
|Pittsfield ← Lenox ←||W E||→ Becket → Springfield|